PDA

View Full Version : I am fed up with my neurologist!

gkf109
10-17-2012, 10:15 AM
I went to this guy because I had a bulging disk in my neck, and my primary doc told me to write down all the new symptoms I had been having, such as weird pains that weren't my usual lupus pains, ibs, jerky eye movements, and a host of new symptoms that I had been having, he told me he would address these after I recovered from my surgery, so after I recovered he told me these things were happening because I was depressed, because of all my medical problems, and I told him that I didn't think that was what it was, I told him I wanted him to do some tests to see why my legs are constantly numb, I have very little feeling in my legs, so he did a emg test and it was abnormal, but gave me no explanation for it and said it was from depression?? anyone who knows me knows I am very positive person I try not to let this stuff get me down, so I went this morning for a follow up, and I told him that my symptoms are getting worse, and he told me he would give me medicine for depression, I told him I am not depressed and I don't want the meds, he told me that if I wanted to feel better I should take the meds, so In the middle of my appointment I got up told him I will be looking for a new doctor and I walked out, my primary and my rhem said it could be fibromyalgia or even ms, so I called my rhem when I got home and I told her what happened, and I am seeing her on fri and she said she will figure it out, so we will see what happens. I swear I don't understand how some of these guys get a medical license!

Saysusie
10-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Everyone knows that IGNORANT and LAZY doctors are on the top of my list of things that I abhor. This neurologist is ignorant and lazy and it sounds as if he is in bed with a pharmaceutical company that manufactures medicine for depression.
I am so proud of you for standing your ground, defying his ignorance and for letting him know that you will be finding another doctor..BRAVO!!
I am also happy to hear that you PC and Rheumy are going to find answers for you and appropriate treatment. I wish you the best and please let us know what the diagnosis and treatment are.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tgal
10-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Good for you! We must be our own best advocate and you did just that! Great job! I am so glad you have other doctors working with you. You are one of the lucky ones. Please keep us posted and keep up the good work!

steve.b
10-18-2012, 06:17 AM
.......... so In the middle of my appointment I got up told him I will be looking for a new doctor and I walked out, ........

glad to hear you did this.
the doctor works for you.....

magistramarla
10-19-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm glad that you did this!
I've dealt with a neuro who was like this. Once he had found that I didn't have MS, he acted like he thought that I had nothing wrong and was just "drug-seeking". He also thinks that Sjogrens is just dry eyes and mouth and never has any neurological symptoms.
I'll never see that guy again!
I hope that you and your good docs can find a good neuro.
Hugs,
Marla