PDA

View Full Version : Disability Presentation

magistramarla
10-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Hey everyone,
Today, Conner and I participated in a presentation about dogs and the disabled.
I presented a power point and talked about visible and invisible disabilities. I talked about Lupus and other AI diseases and the ways that many of us are misunderstood. I shared the Spoon Theory with the group - that went over well. I also talked about how service dogs are trained to help people with all kinds of disabilities. Conner was my show and tell mobility dog. There was also a diabetes alert dog there, and his partner talked about what he does for her.
My friend Carol and her friend Kathleen brought their greyhounds and talked about greyhound adoption.
Carol said that the theme of the day was "What dogs can do for us (service dogs) and what we can do for dogs (greyhound adoption).
It was fun, and we educated a roomful of people.
Carol suggested that we should "make the rounds" in the community and share our talks with other groups.
I wish that all of you could have been there!
Hugs,
Marla

Nonna
10-13-2012, 04:14 AM
I saw your pictures on facebook, how exciting. You should keep sharing

Manderson
10-13-2012, 07:51 AM
Absolutely keep sharing! :)

The Survivor
10-13-2012, 09:27 AM
That's awesome Marla! Keep up the good work! We definitely need a voice to support us.

tgal
10-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Awesome work Marla! You do fabulous work!!! I love anyone that loves animals!

debbie-b
10-13-2012, 01:54 PM
I love it, love it, love it.

Debbie

Saysusie
10-13-2012, 09:08 PM
How Fantastic Marla...as everyone else has said...Keep doing what you do!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
10-14-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm frustrated that I can't upload the picture from the presentation. I've tried, but it still tells me that it is not a valid image. Grrr.

jmail
10-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Hey Marla, I've noodled around with different file sizes and types, and I cannot get anything to upload either. I'll try a few more and let you know here... I get the "xxx.jpg - This is not a valid image file." message

Edit: OK, noodled some more, and no go... I tried jpg files smaller than what are listed for bmp.

'Nother Edit: OK Marla, I've looked at other members' photos, and using Beckey as an example, there was a picture of her dog in the "Random Photos" thingie at the bottom of the home page here, and I looked at her pic. It's image 1178.jpg, it's at 800x600 resolution, and is 65.8 kb in size, 300 pixel resolution, 24-bit color depth... That "300" resolution might be it. I'll try some more experiments.

Third Edit: (Gilda Radner voice) Never mind (end Gilda Radner voice)... didn't work either.

tgal
10-16-2012, 08:40 PM
The site has been having issues with it. It is not your files nor your computer. It is kind of hit an miss with pictures. If you hold your mouth right and stand on one toe while chewing gum sometimes it will work. :)

We have contacted Conrad about this issue and will let you know when it is fixed. So sorry for the problem. I really want to see them!

jmail
10-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Well, sounds like where I work with that "... hold your mouth right and stand on one toe while chewing gum ...", except they won't let us chew gum at work... I've got some gum somewhere here at home... Thanks for letting us know Mari. I was worried about my brain fog doing it to me, not being able to figure out how to upload something, so I'll not worry 'bout that anymore... lol

magistramarla
10-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Mari,
Thanks for that info. Please let us know when Conrad gets the bug worked out.
Then I'll go to town with pics!
Hugs,
Marla