PDA

View Full Version : It's consuming me

JillP
09-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Ok so no official diagnosis but Ana positive nucleolar and 3months ago c3c was low and c4c was almost low. I have OCD of health issues so I always think I am dying. I read low c3c anddc4c are indicative of kidney problems or liver. I had blood and trace amount of protein in urine but checked twice again and negative said it was due to having,y period. I have gallbladder polyps and now they are saying I have small amount of fatty liver. I can't sleep and am sure my top rheumatologist and my other 4 top doctors are missing something plus I started checking my sugar levels as husband is diabetic and I am slightly above normal mornings only. All I can say is this all is consuming me and I am freaking out that all of my organs are failing. This suks

jmail
09-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Take yourself a slow, deep breath, using your thoracic diaphragm, exhale slowly through pursed lips. Chillax... While it's not good to have your body attacking itself, as happens with autoimmune stuff, you also shouldn't fret yourself so. It can take quite a while to get a diagnosis. So many disease "look like", or mimic, other diseases, so doctors are usually quite careful with diagnoses. Has your thyroid been checked?

Derrie
09-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Jill--

Like Jmail said, it's important for you to be calm. Remember two important things:

1. If you have organ damage, doctors will catch it and treat you.
2. Organ damage, like kidney damage, generally happens gradually, and if something is going on with your organs, it's not like they're all going to stop working overnight.

Also -- and I think I've mentioned this before -- you can have low C3 and C4 (also known as hypocomplementemia) without having organ damage. You're right that low C3/C4 is associated with kidney disease, but it's not a 100% correlation. I have had both markedly low C3 and C4 for a year, and I have no organ damage.

It seems like you're dealing with a lot of anxiety, which itself is not good for your health or your happiness. Have you considered seeing a chronic illness counselor or other therapist to help you with this stressful time in your life. I know seeing a counselor to help me through my health issues has been invaluable.

jmail
10-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Derrie said it better, with a "reason" to stay calm. I was going to mention, but forgot ("foggy" day), the liver is very adept at "healing" itself. Be sure to read some of the "stickie" threads at the top of each section of the WHL forum...

JillP
10-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks guys to top it all off I have OCD of health issues so I obsess over each twitch etc.. And fear the worst. Yes I see a therapist and a psychiaist because the worst illness for someone like me is auto immune because you feel as though you are waiting for things to happen. I hate beingme

tgal
10-01-2012, 04:03 PM
I want to mention that kidney damage brought on by Lupus or our drugs usually does not cause pain. That is actually one of the reasons that it is so dangerous because it is often found later. Kidney infections, however, are very painful but much less dangerous (as long as they are treated)