PDA

View Full Version : Kombucha

ruziska
09-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Do any of you drink Kombucha? I just started making my own continious brew last week. I'm curious to see what (hopefully positive) effects it has on me. Kombucha is basically fermented tea. My husband has been drinking it for months and swears by it. I'll let you know after I've drank it more than 1 week.

n.mac
09-27-2012, 02:59 PM
kombucha-is that a fancy code word to throw off the revenuers!

jmail
09-29-2012, 05:16 PM
*NEVER* mess with, nor criticize a man's fam'ly res'pee... |;^) former Missouri hillbilly here...

ruziska
10-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Sorry I brought the subject up.

jmail
10-01-2012, 08:30 AM
I apologize for us, ruziska... We're three rude fellers. I think they made a few "shorts" and full-features about us, ya know? The Three Stooges?

Anyway I apologize for us "hi-jacking" your thread. I have no experience with the tea myself.

We now return you to ruziska's original topic: Kombucha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombucha), for anyone with real comments...

ruziska
10-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Is alright. You guys are too funny! However, I'm still curious.

n.mac
10-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Sorry for side tracking your thread.

My sister in law suffers from many stomach ailements such as ibs-and I know kombucha was something she had mentioned she was going to try soon. I'll let you know what she thinks after she's tried it for a few weeks.

tgal
10-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Please remember that "natural" type cures are the only subject not allowed at WHL (ok, and spamming of anything). This topic is walking that line. Proceed with caution please

(note that this is advertised as an immune stimulant which is the last thing a person with Lupus needs. We already have OVER ACTIVE immune systems and we don't need anything that will stimulate them)

ruziska
10-03-2012, 08:49 AM
my apologies TGAL, was NOT meant to be about cures. I was just curious about others drinking the stuff and their opinions, not about "curative" powers. Please, if you have the administrator powers to do so, please delete this post. I meant no harm

tgal
10-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Yes I have the powers to delete it and I'd it had crossed a line I would have locked the thread and spoken to the person that crossed the line privately. This has not crossed the line as of now but I wanted to make sure that it stayed that way in future posts, hence leaving it open with just a warning in the thread.