PDA

View Full Version : WB church

Mica
09-24-2012, 08:11 PM
To my fellow U.S citizens you have most likely heard of this Westboro Baptist Church the one that goes and protests soldiers funeral. I don't know how appropriate is to talk about this situation on here and if i'm not allowed just let me know and I will delete this but I got news today they are coming to my town to protest a fellow classmate's funeral. He died in combat recently and out tight knit community took it hard, I didn't really know him but I remember he was just really nice. Even though he was a year younger than me I still knew him because out school was so small and close, but my mom took it the hardest because she taught him and really remembered him. You know in her teaching career he just stuck out because he was a good locking smart athlete, but really just an all around good person. The more I read about this from my facebook friends I just angrier when I told my mom she said i'm going to start rotting some eggs and tomatoes so tell me when the funeral is. My community is all rallying for the family to make a human wall around the funeral so the family doesn't have to see that. My mom was just so mad and disgusted even though we have been hearing about this happening it makes it 100 times worse when it's someone you know and care about. You know i'm not going to get into politics about the war people can feel whatever they want to feel but a funeral is off limits and to put on your church website that he is damned(that is not a cuss word so just keep it in it's context) soul has really set our town and community off. I'm just disgusted that there are people that are like that and just wanted to type out my anger about this church group and this whole situation! I live in the middle of the bible belt and we are all very patriotic so the whole town is coming together for him. My school was actually outside of city limits so we were all out own little community and we were very close knit, we all live, go to school, shop, and go to church in what we call River Road so when I say community thats what I mean.
I just hope his family won't have to see this and I pray for Genaro and thank him for serving our country. I also pray for his family, wife, and 7 week old daughter.
Just needed to share this with yall, my mom and I are close so when she is upset I am too.

rob
09-25-2012, 02:04 AM
I know exactly who you are talking about. When my friend Jon was KIA in Iraq, there was talk about the possibility of this scum showing up at his funeral, then concern again at the military funeral for my father after he passed away earlier this year. They didn't show up for either fortunately.

There is a non-profit organization called the Patriot Guard Riders. They are a national group of veterans who are motorcycle enthusiasts, and upon request, they will help any family who is facing the possibility of the WBC scum showing up at their loved ones military funeral. They block the "protesters" in a non-violent and legal way so the families neither see or hear them. I know quite of few of the Maine Patriot Guard folks, and they are a really great group of people.

You may want to contact the family and let them know about this organization. They are in all 50 states. I'll send you a private message with their contact info/link. Just check your inbox.

No family should EVER have to deal with these reprehensible so-called "protesters" at their loved ones funeral.

Rob

SleepyInSeattle
09-25-2012, 08:19 AM
They tried to pull that crap in Seattle and so many people signed up to block them out that they decided not to show up.

I am all for free speech, but these "people" really test the limits of my commitment to that....what they do is inexcusable.

My condolences to your town, and especially to the family. Don't let the few demented individuals shout louder than all the millions of us who love and support the grieving.

Mica
09-25-2012, 08:45 AM
I think the Patriotic Guard Riders are coming, the family invited them. Well I for one hope they don't show up because I don't think the family should have to deal with that!

ruziska
09-25-2012, 08:49 AM
I hope your city gets them blocked. My son is heading to Afghanistan next month for a year deployment. Of course I'm praying for his safe return. My baby boy! However, in Montana, we've suffered too many losses. So far WBChurch has left us alone and God Forbid if they show up. Montanans won't allow it. We honor our heroes and don't allow the disgrace that is WBChurch to do otherwise.

Deemarie1223
09-25-2012, 10:47 AM
I found some anti wbc fb sites and your friends funeral was mentioned. There are people trying to gather the freedom riders to come as well! I'm praying that this family will be able to mourn in peace and that between your town and the people extended all over the US that help out for the cause, that they will not be touched by these wack jobs <3

rob
09-25-2012, 05:33 PM
They tried to pull that crap in Seattle and so many people signed up to block them out that they decided not to show up.

I am all for free speech, but these "people" really test the limits of my commitment to that....what they do is inexcusable.

My condolences to your town, and especially to the family. Don't let the few demented individuals shout louder than all the millions of us who love and support the grieving.

It's not even about freedom of speech for these people. Their leader, and many of his adult children who are all attorneys are the main perpetrators. They show up and hope to provoke violence upon themselves so they can sue the pants off of anyone and everyone who was there when it happens. They don't care one lick about "protesting" anything. It's all a big money making scam, and their "church" is just a tax dodge. They are crooks, pure and simple.

ruziska
09-26-2012, 07:46 AM
wells said Rob, well said

Manderson
09-26-2012, 08:25 AM
It's not even about freedom of speech for these people. Their leader, and many of his adult children who are all attorneys are the main perpetrators. They show up and hope to provoke violence upon themselves so they can sue the pants off of anyone and everyone who was there when it happens. They don't care one lick about "protesting" anything. It's all a big money making scam, and their "church" is just a tax dodge. They are crooks, pure and simple.

I did not know this about them Rob. Didn't think they could go any lower in my estimation.

jmail
09-29-2012, 04:57 PM
They "defended" themselves in the court cases for their "freedom of speech"...

Funerals, whether military or not, should be private, even if they use "public" streets to get from the church or home to the cemetary. The least a person (or "church") can do is respect the family long enough for the funeral. If they want to "protest", go do it in front of a government office, with a proper permit. btw, that is NOT a "church" by definition, and I refuse to even mention their name. disgusting people

Mica
09-29-2012, 09:50 PM
They "defended" themselves in the court cases for their "freedom of speech"...

Funerals, whether military or not, should be private, even if they use "public" streets to get from the church or home to the cemetary. The least a person (or "church") can do is respect the family long enough for the funeral. If they want to "protest", go do it in front of a government office, with a proper permit. btw, that is NOT a "church" by definition, and I refuse to even mention their name. disgusting people

I know and I completely agree!! Luckily they did not show up, the funeral was today, and the patriotic guard stayed and lined the streets along with hundreds from my community and other vets in Amarillo(I actually don't know the number but it was quite a bit). My old high school also honored him during their homecoming game during halftime(which was the night before). His death I think hit the small community hard and like at least half of all graduating classes from my old school join in the military and some have died too over there. I would have gone and shown my support but I had to take care of my grandfather but my mother and I sent some lovely flowers. I guess since he was suppose to be home in December and was murdered by one of the police men from Afghanistan it was just so unexpected especially when it was from someone who was suppose to be safe with. Again like I said earlier he was very much loved in this community and he was going to grow into a good man. But good news is the WB didn't show up and the family didn't have to worry about that on top of losing him.