PDA

View Full Version : Weather and tires

Mica
09-22-2012, 11:38 PM
UGGGHHHH!!! Texas weather your killing me here. You know exactly what I mean my fellow Texans. Started off with constant rain, then dry HOT weather, a couple a days later a cold front, then some more rain...so after a few days you start getting used to humidity BAM it changes to really dry HOT weather with no wind. This constant weather change the past couple of weeks is killing my joints, all my muscles, but especially just so tired all the time. On top of all this right when I felt well enough I planned on going grocery shopping yesterday but curse my luck I had a flat tire. So now i'm exhausted from the tire drama yesterday and have the sick icky feeling when I have been in the sun and heat too long. I guess no groceries for a while, my family is going to have to starve or actually fend for themselves. Just felt like whining so bear with me here.

Derrie
09-23-2012, 09:21 AM
I think there are many situations in which whining is totally appropriate.

Sounds like your day has been one of them! How are you feeling today, after all that mess yesterday? Did anyone in your family step up to handle the grocery situation while you take a break?

Mica
09-23-2012, 11:40 AM
I think there are many situations in which whining is totally appropriate.

Sounds like your day has been one of them! How are you feeling today, after all that mess yesterday? Did anyone in your family step up to handle the grocery situation while you take a break?

No my mom works a lot and that leaves just me and my 89 grandfather, just me. It's okay in a few days I think I can do it.

magistramarla
09-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Mica,
After living in Texas for seventeen years, I know exactly what you are talking about. You just reminded me of why I dread moving back there next spring.
Where I'm living now, the temp is always between 55 -70, and the humidity is perfect, with a lovely ocean breeze.
We have rainy season in the winter, and what the locals call a winter storm is what we would call a nice, steady rain in Texas.
I don't want to go back!

I hope you had a better day today!
Hugs,
Marla

Mica
09-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Mica,
After living in Texas for seventeen years, I know exactly what you are talking about. You just reminded me of why I dread moving back there next spring.
Where I'm living now, the temp is always between 55 -70, and the humidity is perfect, with a lovely ocean breeze.
We have rainy season in the winter, and what the locals call a winter storm is what we would call a nice, steady rain in Texas.
I don't want to go back!
I hope you had a better day today!
Hugs,
Marla

Sounds heavenly, but don't get me wrong I do love Texas. There is nothing like our sunsets and sunrises here. Just open gold fields and clear skies. Though an ocean breeze would be better.