PDA

View Full Version : Numb hand

jolynnhughes
09-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Hello all! I have a new symptom as of today. I was walking around in Target feeling great, and all of a sudden, part of my right hand went numb. Not completely numb, just like it was asleep. My ring finger and my pinky finger and the part of my hand directly under those. I have had a slapped feeling in my hands and feet, and I take Neurontin for that, but since the Neurontin, I haven't had that feeling. This is very weird. I can use my hand, feel sensation, but it is partially numb. As a reminder, I have no diagnosis yet other than Hashimoto's. I take Lodine, Synthroid, Cytomel, Bystolic, and 200 mg. Neurontin.

What say you, experienced Lupies?

steve.b
09-15-2012, 09:31 PM
quite a few of us have issues with inflamation.
the inflamation causes havoc with our blood flow.

poor blood flow.... hand falls asleep.

as i said, it is common for quite a few of us.
just another lupie trait.

jmail
09-16-2012, 05:31 PM
... and it can adversely affect the nerves themselves. But so can Hashimoto's & RA, along with a myriad other conditions... I can't ride a regular bicycle anymore because of the "position of attack", where you're leaning over, hands on the handle bars, and the pressure of the upper body weight will make my arms feel like they've gone to sleep from the shoulders down, but it starts from the hands and works up. Were you leaning on a shopping cart much while you shopped?

magistramarla
09-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Yes, for me it's my right foot that stays numb all of the time. My other foot and my hands can join in at any time, too.
Hugs,
Marla

jolynnhughes
09-20-2012, 05:28 PM
I was pushing a shopping cart, but I don't know about leaning on it. Probably off and on. I have Hashimoto's too, so who knows? I'm not going to go to the doctor about this. It won't do any good anyway. Both rheumies have said they want to wait six months before repeating any bloodwork, and neither will diagnose without it. I know what you're going to say -- find another doctor. Well, to be honest, I'm sick of the doctor game. When I can't function, or hell freezes over, I'll go to another doctor. For now, I'll live with it. Don't want any more medicine. Don't want to spend thousands of dollars on more tests that all come back negative. Sorry to sound so negative, but it's just been one of those...days, weeks, months. Fed up and too tired to care.

running girl
09-20-2012, 06:21 PM
I have been waking up in the night because my arms are asleep causing them to ache. It has been a constant issue for the past 6 months, but I don't ever remember having it before. I thought it was just me...