PDA

View Full Version : Liver biopsy. bladder failure

serand4
09-13-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm really confused about these new developments. Out of the blue my bladder failed about three weeks ago. I need a catheder to deal with that problem now. In addition, I went from no ANA scores to suddenly needing a biopsy of my liver. Have any of you experienced this? I'm sincerely confused. The pain is awful from the fibro and the Lupus, but I knew about that. What is this all about?

Mica
09-13-2012, 03:31 PM
I am no doctor but lupus does attack organs so thats something you should take into account. I hope things start looking up for you.

jmail
09-13-2012, 04:50 PM
I hate caths... Like Mica says, all sorts of things to deal with, and ya never know where or when. Lupus is opportunistic. Consult with your docs, and be sure and ask questions. If they do that medical terminology stuff, ask them again...

debbie-b
09-14-2012, 04:45 AM
I have had a liver biopsy, a couple of months ago, because of high liver enzymes. The result was that I have autoimmune Hepatitis, with other words, the Lupus is attacking my liver.
Do you have high liver enzymes?
Ask your doctor, why you need a liver biopsy.

Debbie

Danica01
09-14-2012, 09:28 PM
I am so sorry you are having to go through this. It is scary enough just dealing with the fibro and pain and now you have to add this on to it. Please keep us posted and try not to worry toooooo much about the test itself. You will do fine and hopefully you have an amazing doctor who will sit down and go over all of this with you so you are not so confuses......as we know, that can be hard to come by!

serand4
09-15-2012, 07:18 AM
Thank you all so much for the support. What you said is exactly what I told my mom when my bladder first failed. The liver and neurological stuff is just icing on the cake. I also have something called lgA - it's some type of immunicological disease of the blood that makes any illness last forever! I guess I believe that if you are going to get sick -- let's go all the way!!! Honestly, when I got home from my last hospital stay (about three weeks ago), I had some highly intense nurse on my answering machine begging me to call her back (I was staying with parents to aid in recovery but we'd visit the house occasionally). When my son heard me play that message (my machine is in the kitchen so he's going to hear it regardless), he looked at me very stoicaly and said, "don't call them back." But I did call the next day and actually my RA Dr. was the one to call me. I got off the phone and kicked my cabinet door about 10 times (not to break it, I'm too cheap). This disease is systematically reducing me to Jello. Out of everthing, the seizures frighten me the most. I'll still take the quick drive to the grocery or to get gas but I WILL NOT go any further. I know I'm the equivalent of driving drunk (never know when the seizure will occur). I am very angry with my body right now! I do, however, have an incredible team of doctors and when I recently suffered psychosis, also a symptom of Lupus, they rallied around and started to brain storm. Seriously, how lucky am I to have that?

Like I told my RA Dr., how many years do I have to explain that I have Lupus before you start to treat it?! Anyway, I also get a spinal tap and bladder explorationn so I need to find someone who would stay at the house with my son while I do all of this. He's 18 but special needs, and while he loves his grandparents, they screech at either other and fight at least three times per day. VERY stressful!

So much to do, so much to do! Thank you guys again. I really, really needed the support and possibly some answers!

jmail
09-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Now, you say "IgA", do you mean CVID, or some other primary immunodeficiency? I get monthly IVIG plasma infusions to supplement my Ig levels, else I'd be in the hospital every three months with pneumonia. A lot of folks with a primary immunodeficiency also have other blood defects. Have you consulted with a hematologist? You can't be getting sick all the time, like I was. If you're like me, you'll get pneumonia and/or bronchitis everytime, and eventually be diagnosed with COPD. Tain't fun, no siree bob...

magistramarla
09-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Hi Serand,
I'm glad to see you back here, but sorry that it is to report such problems.
Take care, and I hope that you can get it all under control very soon.
Hugs,
Marla

serand4
09-17-2012, 06:52 AM
Hi Jmail, no, it was very specific on my release form. And apparently I can't get any transfusions? It's worth looking up out of interest alone! And yes, my friend, I get sick all the time. I get a winter's worth of bronchitis and have been diagnosed with COPD. Summer worked well for me but yesterday afternoon I woke up from a nap barking (coughing) with almost no voice. I lost a job when all of this started because they thought I was padding my sick days. I certainly understand how they could think that but this is the real deal. I certainly appreciate your thoughts, though!