PDA

View Full Version : Sorry but I must brag about my wife!

n.mac
09-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Sorry about this but I know we have all run into doctors and nurses that were not on top of their game or perhaps had problems that affected thier bed side manner etc.
But there are many good,dedicated, compasionate professionals out ther.

IE: My wife was just named nurse of the year by the Illinois Health Care Association.
This started a few months ago when she was chosen nurse of the year at the facility where she works,
as such she was nominated for the state wide honor.
Thousands of nurses from across the state were nominated-but my wife was chosen.

I am glad to see other people see what I have always known!

Having lupus it comes in handy to have my own personel nurse (although I would rather play doctor)
But believe me she doesn't let me get by with much- I sometimes have the tendency to use lupus to get an extra few hours tv time etc.
And she keeps me on the straight and narrow! LOL

Thanks for indulging me. Niall

SleepyInSeattle
09-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Please give her a hug and a ginormous THANK YOU from me! A great nurse is truly a gift to the world....

Derrie
09-12-2012, 06:39 PM
That is so cool! Congratulations to her!

I can honestly say some of the healthcare workers who have made the most impact on me personally are two different nurses who went out of their way to make sure I was doing okay as a person while the doctors were all buzzing around me, treating me as a set of symptoms. I value and respect my doctors, of course, because they're trying to give me good treatment, but it was these two nurses who took care of me, even intervening to shield me from more tests when I was about to just completely break down.

So let's give it up for the nurses. Thank your wife from me, too, for choosing such a difficult but important career path.

tgal
09-12-2012, 09:28 PM
That is awesome! Congrats to her (and lucky for you!)

steve.b
09-12-2012, 09:47 PM
anyone who is recognised by there piers............
needs to be congratulated !!!!!!!!!1

for a nurse to be recognised....... she does an excellenrt job.
please congratulate her from me.

good work needs to be recognised more.

MorrisonGal
09-13-2012, 04:24 AM
Congratulations to your wife - what a great honor!

Manderson
09-13-2012, 07:49 AM
Awesome n.!

And don't be sorry; it's quite an achievement.

debbie-b
09-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Congratulations to your wife. I can hear, how proud you are.

Debbie

jmail
09-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Congratulations are in order for Mrs. Niall, for the award of Nurse of the Year. Sympathies to her if you're anything like me in the listening department... My wife is a medical professional, the m-i-l is a retired RN, and two s-i-l are RN... can't get away with *nuthin'* roun' here... lol - 'Course, there's also lots of useful advice closeby. Is there a national nurse of the year award, Niall?...

rob
09-13-2012, 06:24 PM
You know Nial, it's not bragging if the person can really do the great things they are being recognized for. I'd say in this case, you are not bragging!

This is great news. Something to be truly proud of.

Rob

n.mac
09-13-2012, 06:25 PM
jmail- your right I can't get by with much unless she's in a mood to let me!

jmail
09-14-2012, 04:23 PM
... or if ya sneek out to the garage?... sneak sneak sneak...

n.mac
09-14-2012, 06:31 PM
The problem with the garage is that she follows me out there with that dreaded honey-do list!

Danica01
09-14-2012, 09:26 PM
I am so thankful you are making such a big deal about your wife! My step mom is a nurse and she amazes me! The things they have to go through and the very little thanks they receive in return breaks my heart! I have to say, my favorite medical professionals are nurses they can make you laugh and relieve your pain!!!!!!! Thank you wife from me!!!!!!!

ItsLupus2007
09-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Congratulations to your wife!

I do believe nurses often have the most thankless job.They have to deal with us at our worst day in and day out while the drs are not stuck being at our beck and call by the mere press of a button.I believe most highly that if the roles were reversed for a day and the drs were at the buttons beck and call and they had to listen to a litany of gripes and grief,drama,demands,and snarling :laugh: that any dr who does NOT appreciate the nurses who work with him after a walk in my shoes day most definitely would.

Again Congratulations to her and please tell her THANK YOU for really taking time from herself,giving of herself to provide care to those who are in need.This like teaching is a profession that is a calling and not all can do it and do it well.

rob
09-15-2012, 11:27 AM
I am so thankful you are making such a big deal about your wife! My step mom is a nurse and she amazes me! The things they have to go through and the very little thanks they receive in return breaks my heart! I have to say, my favorite medical professionals are nurses they can make you laugh and relieve your pain!!!!!!! Thank you wife from me!!!!!!!

I agree Danica!

During my Dad's last time in the hospital, the nurses made a very bad situation and time in the life of my family, tolerable. The quality of care and caring they showed Dad, and that they showed me, made the unbearable, bearable. I tried to thank them at every opportunity, and let them know that they matter, that they make a difference.

Nurses do such much, and get very little in return. It's nice to hear that your wife is receiving such recognition Nial.

Rob

magistramarla
09-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Awwww Congrats to both of you, Nial.
Hugs,
Marla