PDA

View Full Version : OMG, we might be getting a new kitten

Jltoland
09-11-2012, 08:28 PM
So I was at the pain management doctor and the staff had found a four day old kitten outside their office. my head nearly exploded from the cute. The PA is trying to find a foster situation with a mama cat but if she can't find that, we said that we'll take him.

Oh he is precious! :)

Mica
09-11-2012, 09:40 PM
4 days!? Poor thing I hope it lives. Look for a foster family with a mamma dog too thats nursing because the kitten can nurse from the dog. A lot of people here do that because we are always getting stray kittens. Speaking of kittens the 6 week old one I weened and am currently looking for a home for him is trying to get my attention by sitting on my computer.

wendya432
09-12-2012, 04:53 AM
awww! Poor little kitty! We just adopted 2 kittens from the same litter that were going to go to the shelter if they didn't find a home. They are about 11 weeks now, we got them when they were 8 weeks. I tell you, they are more fun to watch than tv!! They sure help keep my distracted from all my health issues, too. It's so nice to have a kitten cuddle up with you when you are feeling awful.

A few years ago my friend was bottle feeding 2 week old kittens that were abandoned. One made it and one didn't. It was so heartbreaking, but the one that didn't make it had been bitten by something so it had more of a fight and just couldn't do it. Poor little guys.

rob
09-12-2012, 07:23 AM
It's nice to see folks taking such good care of cats, of kittens. I hope everything goes well, and all the little guys do OK.

I lost my cat Sophie last week, after 13 wonderful years of companionship. It's been awfully hard, coming so soon after losing my father. Sophie came from the Humane Society, and was one of the most gentle and loving cats I've ever known. Here she is-

Click for Fullsize-

However, I still have two other cats, and they are just awesome. They are a mother and daughter. Sasha, and Fuzzy. The little one on the right is Sasha the mom, and the big girl to her left is her daughter Fuzzy. They are quite a team!

Click for Fullsize-

SleepyInSeattle
09-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Animals really are the best medicine. I think doctors should prescribe them!!!

Manderson
09-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Rob your cats are beautiful! We lost our Bo to cancer last May and we're still not over it. We have the other left and we love her to death, but Bo was really a character - more like a dog than a cat. Husband and his son had Bo since he was 4 or 5 weeks ago. Mother rejected him as the runt of the litter so T's exwife bought him home.

Crud! I cannot upload a pic!

Anyway, OP 4 days old! Kitten needs very special care. I hope it works out.

wendya432
09-12-2012, 12:23 PM
omg Rob, I will have to upload pics of our kittens. One is grey with a white diamond on his chest, and the other black and white! lol

Mica
09-12-2012, 01:53 PM
AWE I was trying to upload a few pics of my cats but it wouldn't let me. It kept saying it wasn't a valid picture...:(

rob
09-12-2012, 02:35 PM
AWE I was trying to upload a few pics of my cats but it wouldn't let me. It kept saying it wasn't a valid picture...:(

Yeah, I've been getting that same message too. It took me 5 or 6 tries hitting the upload button before the two pics above would upload. It's some sort of site glitch. Go back and try uploading a few more times, and see what happens.

Jltoland
09-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Yeah, we're looking for a foster family first because that is what is best for the little guy.

I hope he makes it too. He's such a little munchkin. I have two cats now. I'll have to post pics soon!

I'm having the same problem as not a valid pic. :( I'll keep trying. And Rob, your babies are beautiful! :)

Mica
09-12-2012, 08:18 PM

These are the babies I rescued, bottle fed, and am currently looking for homes now.

This is two out of three of my permanent cats. The grey and white one it Hunter and he's my baby. He has been with me since the beginning of this disease and has helped and keeps helping me through it all. The grey one is Charles and lets just say hes a little "special". We all call him stoner cat.

And these are my dogs. Maggie in the back, Pete, and Willow.

This is just a cute pic. This dog is 50 pounds and all the kittens just love their foster doggy daddy.

P.S How I got it to work was when you press the 'insert image' icon and the box comes up down at the right bottom of the screen there is 2 blue words underlined. It should be 'basic' and 'uploader' I just clicked on basic and went from there.

Manderson
09-13-2012, 06:26 AM

Bowin our late Ragdoll

Yay, thanks Mica!

Justy, our other one.

magistramarla
09-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Our fur babies are what keeps us sane, right?
I have a German Shepherd service dog who goes everywhere with me.
My cat is a seventeen pound flame point Siamese named Casper.
My husband's baby is a Maine Coon named Dax. He has seven toes on one foot and six on all of the rest.
Dax is top cat in our house and he even bullies my dog!
Hugs,
Marla