PDA

View Full Version : 9/11

Mica
09-11-2012, 08:32 AM
I don't know if this is appropriate but I just wanted to say even though I was still pretty young when the towers fell I still remember that horrible day. To my fellow U.S citizens I hope none of your families were affected but if you were people still pray and remember for those lost lives. Also thank you to anyone in the military or have any family or friends still in the military.
Hope everyone has a healthy day!
With lots of love down in here in Texas,
Mica

tgal
09-11-2012, 11:38 AM
9/11 is a day that changed so much. I too want to let everyone know that it hasn't been forgotten. To those from other countries that stood by us during and after that difficult I also give a heart felt "Thank you"

rob
09-11-2012, 12:45 PM
On 9/11, I was at a secure facility (a nuclear power plant). I was outside, and it was a couple of hours after the FAA had grounded all civillian flights. We heard the sound of a jet airplane getting louder, heading our way. We figured it's either a hijacked airliner headed for the plant, or it was our guys in fighters doing a combat air patrol.

It was two United States Air Force F-16 fighters. What a beautiful sight they were. There was a spontaneous cheer as they flew over. It was surreal, like something out of a movie. The day before, if you had told me that citizens within the borders of the U.S. would have to look up, and wonder if an aircraft was an enemy, or a friendly, I would have said you were crazy.

Later that day, I remember seeing footage of people jumping from the towers to escape the fire and smoke. Those poor people, left with such a horrible final choice to make. It angers me to this very day when I think of it.

Rob

ritzbit2
09-11-2012, 02:48 PM
I was only 8 on 9-11-01. I feel bad, because I honestly don't remember it very well, but most of the people I know do. I went to a private school then, and they didn't tell us anything was going on. I don't really remember if anyone was acting out of sorts and upset. I didn't know anything happened until I got home and saw that my mom was watching it on tv. I just remember being really confused about it, I didn't really understand what had happened. I watched the Flight 93 movie last year and just couldn't believe the strenght of those people. Everything that everyone did that day is just so amazing, and sad. It seems really strange, that my brothers were all to young to remember it at all, and most of what they know about it is what they've learned in school. My heart goes out to all those who are still healing from their losses today.

Manderson
09-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Rob, those images of the people jumping will never leave my head.

At the time I lived in a suburb near O'Hare Airport. It was the creepiest feeling in the world to NOT hear airplanes. Also my then Sister-in-law was working for BC/BS and she often went to the NYC office for meetings. Of course on 9/11 she was out of town for a meeting and we all freaked for a little bit until she called and said she was at the Atlanta office on that particular business trip.

I read a brief article in yesterday's daily paper about a local resident who was at TT (don't know if it was 1 or 2) for a meeting. He recalled heading down the staircases as the firefighters were heading up. He said he could see in their eyes that they knew they were not coming back down. That just chills me to the bone.

My thoughts and prayers to all affected.