PDA

View Full Version : Office Politics

ruziska
09-10-2012, 07:40 AM
New flash: I have Lupus! thought I'd start the day pointing out the obvious old news. Anyhow, everyone in the office where I work knows I have lupus. They've all seen me have good days and they've seen me have really, really bad days. Most of them have been super wonderful. The boss is very understanding and accomodating. HOWEVER... there's ONE gal that I've been having trouble with since the beginning. I knew her years prior to working here. We are acquaintences and nothing more. For reasons that I can't get the truth out of her (she lies and denies every time), she keeps trying to find fault with my work. Her latest stunt was to inform me that the end of fiscal year is right around the corner (no kidding) and it is your's truly's job to haul the hundreds of files out of HER office and put into storage. EXCUSE ME????? When is MY job to do HER job? I was busy at the time she informed me this on Friday and told her that we'll see what the boss has to say about it. I've not talked to him yet but I informed her when she walked in the door this morning that I'll NOT be doing it. Caught her totally off guard which was my intent. She said she didn't know how to do it. I told her it was high time she learned. I told her that I'll set the files up once they are moved but I will NOT be the one moving them. I've not asked for any accomodations since I've been here. Any modifications I've needed done I've done myself and have been very minor such as moving things around for ease of access. I simply cannot lug hundreds and hundreds of files down the hall. I asked her what she did last year and she said my predessessor handled it. I pointed out the obvious that so and so isn't here anymore, I am and I'm NOT doing it! I've not refused to do anything that the boss has asked and I've helped out the other staff members as well when I could but I refuse to do anything that is going to cause me physical issues and lugging those files is not something I can do anymore.
Sadly, this will probably get ugly as she'll try to pull something else. She just can't mind her own business and leave me alone. And yes, I've talked to the boss about her and he's told her to knock it off and she'll lay low for awhile then start up again.... why can't people just behave and play nice?

Manderson
09-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Aw, what would be the fun in behaving and playing nice? Seriously, sounds like she's too much drama. Don't feed the crazy, Ruz!

steve.b
09-10-2012, 09:54 PM
i agree with manderson............... dont feed the crazy

Nonna
09-11-2012, 02:58 AM
I agree don't feed the crazy.

ruziska
09-11-2012, 08:19 AM
I'M NOT FEEDING THE CRAZY!!! However, the crazy won't shut up and behave! I AM ignoring her, only dealing with her professionally when absolutely necessary. Unfortunately, some crazies just do NOT get it. You'd think she'd get bored with it or tired of getting in trouble for trying to get me in trouble but she doesn't. It is rather sad. I don't have time enough in my life for the people I care about, I certainly don't waste time on those I don't. Oh well, I carry on.