PDA

View Full Version : I'm Baaack!

magistramarla
09-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Hi Everyone!
I've been offline for a while because we had company. Our son Tom got married on August 23, and brought his beautiful bride to California to meet us and to have a honeymoon.
We picked them up at the airport and took them on a tour of San Francisco. They wanted to take the cruise around the bay. I've never done this before, and we had so much fun. Now my service dog has been on a plane, a train and a boat with me!
We gave them two nights at the historic Del Monte Hotel, which is now part of the Naval Postgraduate School. Sharon had never seen so many men in uniform in her life - tee-hee! It gave her a bit more understanding of her hubby - a former Marine.
They enjoyed our Wharf here in Monterey and toured our world-class aquarium. We spent my birthday on my favorite pier in Santa Cruz and Tom had fun taking Sharon on the carnival rides on the boardwalk.

I truly enjoyed getting to know my new daughter-in-law. I felt like I was channeling my own sweet Mom-in-law when I took Sharon into my kitchen and taught her some of the family recipes that Mom had handed down to me.

We've had a fun, and exhausting visit. Now, I'm trying to rest up and to get ready for the things that I'm involved with this fall.
Also, Hillary will be giving birth to my very first grand-daughter in a few weeks. We have three grandsons, so this will be exciting. I'm busy crocheting her baby blanket, and I've already bought some girly clothes for her!
These are exciting times for our family!
Hugs,
Marla

I've been trying to upload a picture, but can't seem to do it. I'll try again later!

MorrisonGal
09-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Hi Marla,
Sounds like a fun time with your son and new daughter-in-law. I remember the cruise I took around the SF bay when I was a teenager - that was the first time I ever had a bagel and cream cheese! You are sweet to cook with your new daughter in law; what a great way to get to know her better.

steve.b
09-08-2012, 09:20 PM
glad you enjoyed your week... and birthday.

Derrie
09-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Hooray for family time, and especially for soon-to-arrive baby girls! And I love the area you're in-- my sister lives in the Bay Area, and I love love love going to visit her.

Do you have any suggestions of things to do in Monterey, by the way? I'm going to be there this fall for a week. I have the Aquarium on my list for sure, but any insider tips would be great.

tgal
09-08-2012, 09:54 PM
So glad to have you back!

SleepyInSeattle
09-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Yeay! Glad to hear you had a good time, and glad you're back... :-)