PDA

View Full Version : had terrible fright today

kim,l
09-02-2012, 03:19 AM
hi everybody well i had really bad experience today i was going out my front door when i was attacked by pitbull it was from my neighbours from hell. i hit it with a stick to get it away from me . then it came at me again twice. luckily i was not hurt. but it shook me up pretty bad my nerves are shocking . we rang police. made report buut they say it is up to local council to do something so i have to ring them tommorrow with report number . then i have to ring goverment housing and report it to them. all the neighbour had to say was i am sorry but it is not usual vicious which is a lie. there other dog bit my husband 2 weeks ago i repoerted that to council and they sent me a letter stating i had to have witnesses to back up claim. so we will see what happens tommorrow i really need to get out of this hell hole before i end up going completly lupie and not in the disease sense.i has been a few hours and i am still shaking. thanks for listening to me vent. hugs to all kim

n.mac
09-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Wow I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.
Here in the US we have leash laws -the owner of the dog is responsible to control his animals. No excusses.
I've never heard of having to have a witness to a dog attack.
I have 2 large dogs (pit lab mix) and I know they can be intimidating to people who don't know them and I have never had a problem because we take care to ensure that we have controll-they are safe in the yard,house or on leash with us.

We are animal lovers but people come first!

tgal
09-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Glad you are OK kim

BeezyKang
09-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Glad you're okay! that's what matters...tell those neighbors of yours GET A LEASH!!!! lol :D

steve.b
09-02-2012, 10:52 PM
unfortunately, the leash has to be put on the wrong animal !!!!

MorrisonGal
09-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Kim, what an awful experience. Glad you are not hurt physically; stuff like this can shake you up, though. <<HUGS>> I hope the authorities are able to help you about the neighbor's dogs situation.

jmail
09-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Kim, if there's marks left on your husband from where the dog bit, there's the "witness". Take pictures, and maybe start going out the door of the house with your cell phone in video mode for that "just-in-case"...