PDA

View Full Version : x factor contestant with lupus

kim,l
08-28-2012, 03:50 AM
she is going through hard time needs kidney tranplant but she sang like a angel. put things in perspective.that life is fragile and we should live everyday being greatful for what we have. and enjoy every moment. just thought i would share this with everyone. hugs to all kim.

Saysusie
08-28-2012, 09:20 AM
I do not watch the show, but I am glad that you posted this. I always say that we should not allow this disease to prevent us from doing things that bring us joy.
While we may have to re-invent and/or adjust those things that we find joy in, there is always a way to enrich our lives and to have joy while doing so.
Often, this disease causes us to stop doing many things that we have done for years. For many, this becomes a source of depression and a reason for giving up. But, if we have to give up one thing, that does not mean that there are not many other/different things that we CAN do and that those things can also bring us joy. We have to open our minds, be willing to try many new things or different ways to do old things.
Thank you, again, for sharing this to remind us that it is still possible to do something wonderful while having this disease.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

steve.b
08-29-2012, 03:06 AM
this is x factor australia.

the young girl has made it to boot camp.
she is needing to be on a dialisis machine 3 times a week.....
and x factor is making adjustments for her.

it is great exposure.
and all of the judges commented on her commitment.

it will be great exposure,
time for us aussies to help her by voting each week.