PDA

View Full Version : Constipation...sorry tmi

Deemarie1223
08-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Do any of you have issues with this? I've had this going on since my pregnancy (thought it was due to the pregnancy) it's gotten better since I had my daughter but is def not gone! I never had this issue before....

steve.b
08-27-2012, 12:02 AM
lupus can represent it self in many ways.
even the one symptom, can show itself in different ways.

lupus can cause the muscles to inflame.
inflames muscles of the bowel can represent itself in two ways.
they can constrict the bowel causing constapation....
or thay can inflame the bowel causing diareah.

so yes constapation can be caused by lupus.
of course it can also be caused by lots of other things.

if constapation is prolonged, please see a doctor, to rule out other possabilities.

Deemarie1223
08-27-2012, 12:09 AM
Thanks Steve, the docs are aware, jus another one of my million symptoms of "something" that they haven't dx'd yet. It's definitely prolonged, but they've found no "cause". Big surprise haha! I have "idiopathic everything lol. But thanks again, I honestly never thought about it that way and was trying to make the connection and you did it for me!

jmail
08-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Steve would usually mention his probiotics... -wink- ... they do help with things like that. So does adding fibre and being sure to drink plenty of fluids (which I'm sure you've already heard plenty of times). Light exercise is another (helps with the 'movement'). Good luck with it, and like steve.b says, be sure and consult with the docs more about it. For me, it can be like throwing a dart at a board that only has 3 choices throughout, with most of the choices being unpleasant...

magistramarla
08-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Aloe Vera Juice has worked for me. The package suggests taking two ounces, but all I need is two tablespoons. I drink it with some tart cherry juice (which is supposed to help with joint pain) and a splash of cranberry or pomegranate juice for sweetness.
My hubby has MAJOR constipation problems. He drinks two ounces every day, along with his high-fiber All Bran cereal. It works for him, and that's an achievement.
I also try to eat some Greek yogurt most days.
I hope this helps.
Hugs,
Marla

Saysusie
08-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Yes, unfortunately, many of us with Lupus suffer from constipation. Many of us develop IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) which can present itself as constipation, diarrhea, or both. This is especially true if we have Fibromyalgia with our Lupus.
Perhaps you can mention this to your doctor so that they would be willing to test you further in order to start treatment. I do hope that you find some answers as well as some relief!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie