PDA

View Full Version : Pics and profile ?

Deemarie1223
08-26-2012, 07:07 PM
So how do I upload an avatar and some pics to my profile from an iPad? Any idea? Also, i noticed dome of you have changed your profile colors, well I just tried and got the colors right but none stayed and I don't know anything about those numbers (3d3d3d, #ffff etc...) how do I do this? And how do image friends lol....I've already felt a connection with a lot of people, so I'd like to have some friends! Thanks!

tgal
08-26-2012, 07:49 PM
You don't have to know the HTML codes to change your colors on your profile page. Just go to your profile page and click "customize" on the right hand side. Once there you will see all the different boxes with a code to the side. Click on the colored box and you can move the slider up and down and it will change the color of whatever section you are are on (one may say text color and another box color etc). Make the changes you want and then hit save.

To upload pictures for your avatar and signature lines you will go into "my settings"and look on the left side of the page. Click on "Edit Avatar" and then you can either upload a picture from your computer/Ipad or get a link from somewhere online.

The easiest way to add friends is to go to the persons profile page and look at the left side under where most have a picture. You will see several things to do such as "Add Friend" or "Send PM". Click the Add Friend and it will send a request to that person.

Deemarie1223
08-27-2012, 12:27 AM
I tried adding pics and where it says upload it's grey'd out:( I can't seem to do it from the iPad, I also tried the slider things and clicked submit and save and no changes:( idk whats wrong! Thank you though, I did figure out how to add friends:)

jmail
08-27-2012, 12:39 PM
You might need to transfer the pix from the iPad to a PC, or to another web site, to upload them. However, before you go trying to jump through hoops for that, notice the "requirements" for an avatar pik. They can't be any bigger than 100x100 pixels, and can't be any bigger than 48.8 kilobytes in size. You probably have to edit a pic down in size in a photo editor, then "Save As..." to a new file. There might be an app on your iPad for that, or you could download a "freebie" for that maybe. Then you might be able to use "Settings", "Edit avatar", "Custom avatar, Option 2" and be able to do it that way.