PDA

View Full Version : hello

indigo
08-26-2012, 12:14 AM
Hi everyone,

I've often visited this site to gain comfort when I'm having a hard time with my lupus but I've never actually posted so this feels weird. I was diagnosed with lupus just over a year ago and have been feeling much better since then (I've probably had lupus for ages...). Only thing is that before I didn't know any better so I was kind of content when I was sick but now when I have a bad day like today I have all this resistance - no, no not this again... Arrghh - I absolutely hate having to rest and lie on the lounge all day whereas before that was how it was day after day. It's like I finally have some sense of normality and am more able to get on with my life so it hits harder when I'm unwell now.

Even though I'm better than I was I'm still far from normal because I am still very limited in what I can do and if i try to do more, like I did yesterday, I have to spend at least a day recovering. usually more. so it's pretty frustrating. and isolating.

Anyway, just wanted to do something different and actually write on this forum today. Thanks for making this space available.

kim,l
08-26-2012, 04:00 AM
welcome indigo i am am a aussie to from sydney there is quiet a few of us here now. we are just like family one of our moderators. for the site steve is from western australia. it is great to have good friends from all over world. who understand how we feel we are a support system for each on our good days and bad. hugs kim

blackeight
08-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Welcome, glad you finally joined and posted. I know how you feel, about the aarrr being stuck on the couch all day or bed. I hate it. I am sorry you are going through this. You no longer have to feel isolated you have come to a place where there are a lot of people who understand and are full of knowledge from what I have found, and they are so loving and kind. Feel free to email me or message me anytime if you are feeling down or just need someone to talk too.

Gretchyn

steve.b
08-26-2012, 10:27 PM
hi indgo,
there is over 20 of us aussies on here, (that are somewhat regular),
and many more that frequent only so often.

please tell us a little more about yourself.

indigo
08-27-2012, 05:34 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome. I can see that you are like family and very supportive of each other and I'm glad I've joined in. i can't really think of what to say right now, bit wiped out, will write more later.

rob
08-27-2012, 06:40 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome. I can see that you are like family and very supportive of each other and I'm glad I've joined in. i can't really think of what to say right now, bit wiped out, will write more later.

Welcome to our group. Make yourself at home!

Rob

Jltoland
08-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Welcome! :)

tgal
08-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Hi and welcome to the WHL family! We are glad you decided to join us

Deemarie1223
08-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Welcome indigo! Glad you ave joined, it's helped me a lot...in only a weeks time:)