PDA

View Full Version : OMG!! Raynaud's testing!

wendya432
08-21-2012, 03:12 PM
I was totally unprepared for having to put my feet in ice water. That hurt worse than anything has hurt me in a LONG time. And I have 12 kidney stones right now and had my epidural wear off in the middle of my c-section. So that's saying something!!!!! I told the tech doing the testing that if my husband tried to do that to me I'd punch him, she was very glad she was not my husband.

But, I don't get the results until next week. I have a feeling it didn't go so well. She said (with a very concerned look on her face), You are going to come back to see the Dr to go over your results, right? I'm guessing I'll be adding Raynaud's to my diagnosis list here pretty soon.

Basically they did some doppler on my toes, took my blood pressure, and then I had to put one foot in ice water for 2 minutes, and she did the doppler on the toes on that foot. Then the other foot. I was actually having muscle twitching while she was trying to put the thing on my toes to test them. Jerked all the way from my hip down. Then I got to take my sore, cold, bright red feet home. And my legs have been aching ever since. Looks like I'll be taking pain meds tonight in order to sleep.

debbie-b
08-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Omg, that sounds so painful, you poor thing.
I hope your pain is getting better and your footsies are defrosted by now.

Debbie

steve.b
08-21-2012, 09:31 PM
ouch.
thank god my gp was switched on and diagnosed me from my symptoms.
he gave me a "sample pack", and said.
"try these, if they work then you have raynauds."
of course we both knew they would work. he he he

BonusMom
08-22-2012, 09:17 AM
That sounds absolutely miserable! So sorry you had to suffer through the testing. My doctor dx my based on symptoms and my rainbow fingers--thankfully.

Hopefully, you can get started on some meds, if your doc determines that's the best course of treatment for you.

magistramarla
08-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Wow, that does sound like a painful test for Raynaud's. I felt the same way when we were in Arkansas for the birth of a grandson in Jan, 2010.
There was snow on the ground (which I'm not used to) and I was under stress, so my toes were swollen, purple and painful.
When I described it to my rheumy, she just said that it was probably Raynaud's and that I should always wear warm socks.
I think that I would happily go through those tests if I had a doc who was that interested in diagnosing it and doing something about it.
I'll be interested to find out what your doc says - keep us informed.
Hugs,
Marla

wendya432
08-22-2012, 02:15 PM
I think the worst part was that I was caught off guard! Last night my entire legs were aching. Luckily today I'm back to normal, whatever normal means these days!!!

Marla, I go back on the 28th, so I'll let you know what they say.

wendya432
08-28-2012, 06:05 AM
Well I'm back for my consult. Had to put my hands in ice this time and now I'm waiting to see the dr again. I don't think it's going well but we will see.

chikititalinda
08-28-2012, 06:48 AM
OUCH, thats pretty painfull. Couldn't he just take your word for it like most doctors? Sorry : (

wendya432
08-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Yeah, it wasn't pleasant at all!!! But, I guess at least they know for sure. My feet are worse than my hands, and it's definitely Raynaud's. He said it's most likely secondary to a soft tissue disease and that I should make sure to let the rheumatologist know when I see her on the 14th.

I was a bit concerned because the Dr. looked pretty worried and then sent me to go get my hands done before he told me anything, but after he did a pulse check all over.

So we're getting somewhere at least! Raynaud's diagnosis, hypothyroidism, now on to the rheumy to get the lupus diagnosis.

ritzbit2
08-28-2012, 08:33 PM
I haven't heard of anyone having to get that done to prove they have Raynauds. I can't even sit in air conditioning, I probably would have told the doc to kiss my butt on that one lol Sorry you had to go through that but hopefully something useful comes out of all that discomfort! Mine is always so bad it doesnt take more than sitting in the room at my appointments to turn my fingers purple, those tiled floors are evil! lol

theLword
09-04-2012, 12:07 PM
I completely agree with ritzbit, why did they make you do this? My raynaud's is always the worst while at the doctor's office since it's always freezing! Well, on a positive note if it is raynaud's there are treatment options! I've been taking Amlodipine for about 6 months now and my feet and hands now look like everyone elses! (for the first time in my life!) I still run fairly cold, but it is nothing in comparison. It's been a miracle!