PDA

View Full Version : Good news- justice served!

ruziska
08-20-2012, 01:42 PM
A year ago tomorrow (August 21,2011) my husband was viciously attacked in our yard. A few weeks earlier, a couple of 8 year olds took apart our sprinkler system. Not a HUGE deal, but vandalism to property nonetheless. It was agreed upon by the parents, law enforcement and my husband that instead of pressing charges against the young hoodlum wannabes, the families would just pay for the damages. Husband was told by the police to research the cost then contact the families who would split the cost. Hubby called the first family and was speaking rationally to the mother when the husband in the background started freaking out. Hubby told them to just forget it as he didn't want trouble and hung up. 10 minutes later, a noisy motorcycle roars into our drive with the parents of the child on it. The husband starts yelling at mine and my hubby tells them again to forget about it and go home. The husband then, as my husband is walking away, jumps my husband, pins him to the ground and starts pounding his fists into my husband's face and upper body. The attacker outweighs my hubby by over 100 lbs and was a member of a not good motorcycle gang. I called 911 and yelled at the attacker to get off my hubby who then squirms away and pulls out his pocket knife a teeny tiny 2 inch blade pocket knife. Unbeknownst to me, who is behind my hubby at that point, the guy pulls a gun. Had it gone off, we both would have been shot. Hubby suffered severe concussion, cracked tooth and multiple lacerations to his head and neck. Attacker was released from prison same night.
Today we finally find that after many postponements, the attacker has finally been convicted! 6 months suspended, but guilty of 2 misdemeanors and if he comes anywhere near us or if we see him in a public place and he even looks at us funny, he goes to jail. He also has to pay over $700 in restitution to us.

A year ago tomorrow, my husband and my life was changed because of an idiot who couldn't control his anger.

SleepyInSeattle
08-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Holy cow - I'm sorry all that happened! That's SCARY!!!! Glad you guys are okay and that the guilty party gets some payback. I hope he learns something good from it all!!!!

steve.b
08-20-2012, 08:13 PM
i think it is time to celebrate.

not celebrate that it is one year since you met this idiot.....
but celebrate that you have had this year together.

i have read of your interesting life for a couple of years now,
i think you need to sit down and celebrate what you have.

gentlehugs from me.

ruziska
08-21-2012, 07:22 AM
"interesting life" - thanks Steve! That's not what I'd call it somedays, but for now, we'll go with that. You are absolutely right, I AM celebrating what I have! The 3 ring circus of my life continues to amuse, befuddle, frustrate, infuriate, confuse and bless me all usually in the same day!

chikititalinda
08-21-2012, 07:27 AM
I remember that mess, that was horrible. Glad its over!

blackeight
08-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Wow, what does one say to a story like that? Its awful! This world has become so evil and we have to be so careful. This story is the reason why I have own protection to put it nicely. Not to mention my 2 pitts! Just can't be too careful anymore. I am so sorry that happened to you. I am glad that you are both ok!

panda_lupo
08-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Glad to hear Justice was served!

I agree with Steve! time to celebrate what you guys have =)

magistramarla
08-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi Rita,
Yes, Steve is right. It is time to celebrate that things are getting better for you.
Hugs,
Marla