PDA

View Full Version : scared, kidney question?

chikititalinda
08-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Soooo.... I've been having frequent urination which is normal for me becuase I drink ALOT of water, thing is I feel like I have to go, but only a little comes out. I'm also getting low back pain where I've been using my tens unit nightly and sharp pain in what seems to be my right kidney. I have no appetite which is not me at all, and am nauceous (sp) and have been sleeping so much more than I normally do. I have no swelling. I don't really want to think about it. but I don't want to put it off either, Im unsure of what to do. It may be a UTI, which I use to get tons of and I don't want to sound like a hypochondriach either.

magistramarla
08-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Get to your PCP or a urologist and get it checked. UTIs are not something that you should ignore.
I have a daughter with only one working kidney, and she often had small, "silent" infections.
Hugs,
Marla

debbie-b
08-13-2012, 04:42 PM
I have to agree with Marla, my daughter neclected her bladder infection, it then turned into a kidney infection and ended up with a puss pocket in her kidney. She was in the hospital for two weeks, on IV antibiotics.
Have it checked out, asap.

Debbie

tgal
08-13-2012, 05:09 PM
You do need to get to the doctor because UTI'S shouldn't be ignored but if what you are worried about is Lupus related kidney issues you can breathe a sigh of relief because there is seldom any pain with it. Most people don't even know there is an issue until testing.

So go to your doctor and have it checked out without the big "LN" worrying you