PDA

View Full Version : doctors at learning hospital

starlove
05-30-2006, 07:42 PM
I am a patient at UCSF and was so frustrated when I went in for my visit today that I began to cry. First one doctor comes in and discusses all my symptoms one on one, then she leaves and comes back with five doctors, yes, five. They gather around me and examine me like I'm some sort of experiment. Then the main doctor is very short when answering my questions and basically acts like I'm just part of his evauations instead of a human being. I'm ranting but I always end up feeling bad when I leave that place :cry:

TracyDawn
05-31-2006, 07:28 AM
{{HUG}} I'm sorry you had such a rough morning. Personally, I have learned the hard way that those drs at teaching hospitals are NOT the best candidates for a dr for me because of their personality. The one I went to here in FL, I thought my dh was going to deck him he was so rude, condescending and just mean. If you aren't comfortable with the care you are getting (or not getting) then please find a new dr. Just because it's a teaching hospital doesn't mean it's the place for you. There are many knowledgable drs out there that aren't in those places. Good luck!