PDA

View Full Version : Livin' it up!

ruziska
08-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Ok, I'm paying for it today, but I would do it all over again and if this is the price I had to pay then it was well worth it. Last night I went to a Loverboy/Pat Benatar/ Journey concert. It lasted 4 hours but it was a very long day! I worked all day, went home, changed, picked up hubby and off to the Montana State Fair we went. We walked around for a bit, got pizza for supper, stood in line to get into the arena, hubby bought a t shirt and from 8-midnight we rocked! Took 25 minutes to get out of the parking lot, got home, showered and was in bed by 1:15 am and got up at 6:30 am to go to work. Hubby was smart- he took the day off and slept in. The arena was packed like sardines, it was hotter than blazes and so loud my ears are STILL ringing. The seats were hard as cement, my bum and hips still haven't recovered and all I want to do is SLEEEEEEP. However it was the best time I've had in ages! I screamed and sang my heart out!! Was it worth the exhaustion? You better believe it!!! Lupus may slow me down but it didn't stop me!!!!

rob
08-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Wow, the very first rock concert I ever went to was Loverboy. That was like 1982 if my memory is right.
I've also seen Pat Benatar and Journey in concert before. All three acts are awesome to see live.

I'm glad you went and lived it up! Sounds like a hell of a good time.

Here's the best Journey song you've probably never heard-It was never released as a single, so it never got much airplay.
It's Still She Cries from the album Trial by Fire. It's one of their best tunes IMHO-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq5NY2RftuY

Derrie
08-02-2012, 01:35 PM
OMG, Pat Benatar was in the state and I didn't know it?! Unfair!

Glad you got a chance to live it up!

jmail
08-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Rock ON! That "sounds" like it was a BLAST ruziska! It's been over 10 years since I went to see anyone in concert... I'd better get!

Excellent song selection, Rob. I was into Journey from the get-go, other than I didn't like Perry at first, when he joined up for the 4th album (too whiny I thought), but that man can *SING* dude. No, I was jealous of Schon (I used to consider myself a guitarist until I heard him):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbJrfvMQupE