PDA

View Full Version : It's 255 in the mornin' - do you know where your brain is?...

jmail
08-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Hey all, insomnia doesn't cover it tonight (oops, mornin'). They bumped me back up to 60 of pred a day today, *and* gave me a topical cream for this "rash", and that has steroids in it, and I'm taking benedryl every 4 hours, and apparently have gotten "used to it", since it no longer makes me drowsy. I'm "wired" again. Tomorrow (err... today), I'm supposed to go back to the pcp for follow-up (more bloodwork??!!?), consult, and set-up an out-patient liver biopsy and/or ultrasound, and I've gotta call the rhuemy yet again. I wasn't home when his office called today. I was at the dermatologist's getting little samples of tissue plucked from my skin. I"ve been seen at 3 different doctor facilities now in the past week, and they all 3 say it's something different. The ER guy said it looked like a platelet issue (number low, but within range), the pcp said "liver rash", (liver enzymes elevated, but close to range) and has me on several things for that. Now the derma guy says "70% chance it's an alergic reaction" (and he does see a LOT of skin stuff), so he bumped my pred back up. I'm not confused. I look and feel like H-E-double Hockey Sticks. But hey, I ain't got much brain fog! lol - Later

steve.b
08-01-2012, 12:39 AM
looks like you need to get into character.
your whl animal is a "RABID PIT BULL"

animals like you should suck it up and bark at everything.

if that doesnt work........
sulk to the wife and see if she can help.
lol.
something has to make you laugh.

tgal
08-01-2012, 01:08 AM
Well at least Rob and I will have company!! We do this all the time!

Hope you feel better!

jmail
08-01-2012, 08:25 AM

Hope you feel better!

Thanks guys. I used to do this all the time, and I've gotten "spoiled" the last few months and had changed my "routine", so to speak (and not for the better either) recently. I finally "crashed" just after i posted, about 6 hours after the last dose of pred for the day. I've always done them like those "dosepak" thingies, where you do a couple in the morning, noon, supper, etc., and most times, they'll say for the 60 dose to do 2 morning, noon & night, 40 would be 2 morning & 2 night, etc., which works usually, but I'm going to do it like the skin doc said, and do the 40 morning and noon, NOT night. 'Course, the plaq feels like it's all out of me, with the resultant return of the mouth sores and joint inflamation... But like Steve says, ya gotta laugh at *something*, so I'll laugh at it all... lol - BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK!!!!! Hey, what comes after Rabid Pit Bull?... Mangy Mutt?? 'Cause I sure look like one right now - rtfl... |;^)

magistramarla
08-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Hang in there, Jmail.
Is there any chance that those three docs will talk together and come up with a coherent diagnosis?
Hugs,
Marla

rob
08-01-2012, 08:33 PM

Hope you feel better!

Insomnia can be fun.

My cats are watching fireflies through the windows looking out into the backyard. It's beautiful tonight, so I just went out to watch the fireflies up close. Turns out they weren't watching the flies. They were watchig the bear in the backyard that was watching the flies.

Yee-haw, after that adrenaline jolt, I'll be awake till lunchtime tomorrow! Not the first time seeing a bear out back by any means, but I wasn't really expecting to walk up on one tonight!

Hope you're doing OK Jmail,

Rob

jmail
08-01-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm doin' fine. Good spirits in spite of it all. I'm still off work without pay, and will have another attempt at calling the docs' offices tomorrow for more follow-up. They won't let me back into work with this rash, unless I can prove it's not contagious. What? do they think I've got the measles? lol - All parties are waiting on the biopsy of the skin before we proceed further, and the "conference" (or whatever they'll do) will now include the hematologist, which would then make four... I get confused at just ONE doc's office...

Anyway Rob, that sure is a "fun" way to find a bear, eh? I found a skunk similarly one night here, when the automatic porch light came on, and my dog started barking. I looked out and saw the neighbors cat and thought I'd go say "hey" to it and scratch its back. Opened the door and saw the tail... I slammed myself back through the door and shut it fast! I could smell it coming 'round the door gasket even. It was *close*... But it weren't no barr... Dem dudes kinn bite big! Whatcha got up that a-way? Black bear? The meanest, oneriest animals we've got 'round these here parts anymore ('ceptin' us hu-mans) is a coyote pack or two.

Nonna
08-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Lions and tigers and bears oh my!
I don'tgo out for fear of cyuotes (sp).
The night is always full of surprises.

My problem I'd I can't seem to wake up, all I do is sleep.

rob
08-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Whatcha got up that a-way? Black bear? The meanest, oneriest animals we've got 'round these here parts anymore ('ceptin' us hu-mans) is a coyote pack or two.

Yep, we have black bears, and lots of them. Maine has the largest black bear population in the continental U.S., however bear/human encounters are pretty rare. There's a small creek that runs through my property, and I get alot of critters coming for water. I see moose out there pretty regularly, and a fox from time to time. There's a Bald Eagle nest not far from here, and of course there are seagulls everywhere.

Lotsa wildlife up here!

jmail
08-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Them meece (mooses, mice), they can git BIG, can't they? I had one of them startle me in the Grand Tetons one day on a hike. You expect to see something down around the 4 foot level coming through the trees, and that's about where the knees seem to be... lol - almost forgot about the foxes around here ('sides my wife). They've gotten pretty thick, and are trying to chase out all the racoons and skunks...

I just went from a "rabid pit bull", to a "rattlesnake"... so from "mangy mutt", to "sheddin' my skin"... lol

magistramarla
08-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Guys,
I live in Fort Ord, which has recently been declared a National Monument and a wildlife preserve.
We regularly see deer, wild turkeys, coyotes, skunks, racoons, many kinds of hawks, an occasional eagle, and lots of seabirds.
Every once in a while, we'll have a warning about a mountain lion being spotted.
This is why my cats are NOT allowed outside, ever!
Hugs,
Marla