PDA

View Full Version : Shocker!

wendya432
07-31-2012, 01:45 PM
I called my PCP today to make an appointment for my son, his asthma is acting up. And the office told me that she is no longer part of the practice! The crazy thing is that yesterday I called for a refill on my script, and I was there on Friday for an appointment. She even gave me a slip to get labs done and I was going to go in tomorrow to do it. The office said they have no forwarding information for her, so I can't even find where she went! I'm hoping I'll get a letter or something. She is the first Dr. that actually HEARD me about all the symptoms I'm having and set up my referrals. I would think that if she knew she wouldn't be there anymore she would have told me on Friday. I have no idea what happened or where to go from here. Not to mention no one to see my son (I guess I'll just take him into after hours if he needs it, but I was hoping to get a new asthma plan going for him). I know the office staff is pretty bad, so I wonder if that had something to do with it?? Now what?!?!

debbie-b
07-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Wow, that is very strange.
About your sons asthma acting up, is it hot and humid in Michigan right now? It it here in upstate NY and my asthma is killing me.
I hope that you can find a good, new doctor very soon.

Debbie

Saysusie
07-31-2012, 10:12 PM
I think that all doctors are part of some type of registry. Perhaps you can do a search for her through the registry to find out where she went. I'm not sure what type of medical organization she was a part of, but some HMO's require that doctors do not inform patients as the patients belong to the HMO and not the doctor and they don't want to lose patients because they follow the doctor.
I hope that you are able to find her and that she will continue to take you and your son on as her patients. Best of luck.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
08-01-2012, 04:08 PM
A similar thing just happened to me, but I was happy about it. I went to a particular medical group because a couple of their docs have outstanding reputations, but of course, I was assigned to the most junior partner. He told me that I "might be a hypochondriac", so I've avoided going back there. I recently made an appointment, since I needed that office to send some info to UCSF for a consult that I had set up. That's when I found out that "my" PCP was no longer there. I was delighted. Of course, I was now assigned to the newest junior partner, but at least she seemed a bit nicer.
I've found out the hard way that dealing with large "wellness" groups is not a good thing. It's much better to deal with a doc who is in practice for him/herself, or has only one or two colleagues in a practice.
Hugs,
Marla