PDA

View Full Version : Yes, I'm still around.

Nonna
07-19-2012, 03:04 AM
Work has been rough, lately it feels like I'm not superwoman any more. I'm doing atleast 3 different jobs. Have people coming at me for all directions. You'd wonder why I'm still there. It's called health insurance. I also turn 65 next March.

Another update is that my PD is more active. I'm struggling to lose weight, the neuro saysit will make things easier.

I wish there was a way to do this with Lupus. Any suggestions? I've tried most everything over the years.

Well just wanted to check in and say I love you all

debbie-b
07-19-2012, 05:32 AM
Hi Nonna,

Nice to see you again.
I know what you mean about working and health insurance, that is the only reason, I still work.
About loosing weight, I can't loose it either, I only need to loose about 20-25 pounds, but I can't exercise, because of the joint pain. I would like to go swimming, but there isn't anything close enough to me, where I could go every day and with work ect. I don't have the time, to drive a half an hour one way.

Debbie

jmail
07-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Losing weight for me has been a "one step forward, two steps back" kind of thang for about 10 years now. One thing for me to lose weight basically boils down to doing the "diabetic diet" more or less (I am easily tempted away). You make sure you have 1 protein for every 2 carbs, every meal. You also eat 4 or 5 smaller meals, and at the same time everyday. That way, your body is more efficient with the "fuel" you give it, and you don't have sugar "spikes", which is one thing that contributes to the problem. The *BIG* thing for me is movement. It doesn't take much, even just walking, but I prefer to get on my recumbent bike and go for a "ride" in the basement while reading a book. However, the lungs aren't co-operating lately, and I've been basically sedentary for over 6 months now. Gots to get the strength back up and get back to moving! You do have to find a way to motivate yourself, which can be tough when you hurt and are exhausted from it all... Swimming and water aerobics are probably the best things to do, but have the toughest access for a lot of us (I don't have a pool in my backyard either). But whatever you can find that's low-impact... You have to burn more than you take in.

steve.b
07-19-2012, 09:50 PM
thanks for updating us.
wish it was better news, but......

listenning to the insurance problems, i am glad i live in australia.
i cannot make sence of some of the insurance issues you all face.

tgal
07-19-2012, 10:03 PM
I have nothing helpful to say but I just wanted you to know that I care about you and always miss you

magistramarla
07-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Hey Nonna,
I'm glad you are still with us. Hang in there 'til March. Jeff graduates that month too. We can all celebrate together!
Hugs,
Marla

BonusMom
07-26-2012, 11:07 PM
You've been missed, Nonna.

I know it's hard doing just your job, but add the responsibilities for one or two others AND a few chronic health health conditions, it's no wonder you're exhausted!

Hang in there and get rest when you can.

chikititalinda
07-27-2012, 06:49 AM
Hi Nonna, hang in there girl. March might seem so far but stay focused and healthy and it will be here before you know it.

Nonna
08-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Still hanging it there, today was rough but I figured out why the muscles of my arms just below the shoulders always hurt. It's called data entry and sitting onthe same position for 9 hours.

Love you all,
I'll pull through this yet,
Toni

magistramarla
08-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Hey, Nonna
Glad you're pulling through. Do lots of stretching exercises at your desk.
Hugs,
Marla

steve.b
08-22-2012, 07:27 PM
( ( ( h u g s ) ) )

tgal
08-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Just want you to know that we love and miss you

kim,l
08-23-2012, 12:35 AM
nonna hang in there my friend love and miss you hugs kim

Saysusie
08-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Hey Nonna; yes it has been a while and I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with so much. However, it is soooooo good to have you back. Sending you warm hugs

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Nonna
08-26-2012, 06:41 AM
Want to laugh? Woke up this morning feeling great ready to go and live life...... Got up and went downstairs did the breakfast dishes had something to eat myself and then kaboom! I fell apart. I know it's just a reaction to this weeks MTX. But man this sucks.

Trying to post again. This weekends sleeplessness is helping.
Love y'all

steve.b
08-26-2012, 10:23 PM
( ( ( h u g s ) ) )