PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from So Cal!

Schoolsike
07-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Just found this forum today and after reading some great posts & blogs, I decided to join you all in cyberspace support! I was diagnosed with SLE in January 2012, and FMS in 2002. I'm very familiar with lupus as my mom was diagnosed in 1996.
She, too has FMS, and also has vasculitis. I've been an active supporter of her journey with lupus, and now that I have embarked upon my own she has been a good source of experienced support. I look forward to being a part of the We Have Lupus community.

tgal
07-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Welcome to the WHL family! Sorry that you have a need for us but am glad you are here. I look forward to getting to know you

jmail
07-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Hey there So Cal Schoolsike! Greets from In-dee-an-ner, home of the triple digit afternoon temp... I thought you guys had that... oh well. Welcome to the forum!

Be sure and read through the "stickies" in each section of the forum. Lots of useful info!

Danica01
07-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Welcome!!!! Where is So Cal are you????? My better half was raised in San Juan Capistrano. We live in Phoenix but visit. I have a question for you.......I am in the process of being diagnosed with vasculitis.....how does your mama handle it?????

kim,l
07-24-2012, 11:50 PM
welcome to whl we are here to support you the best we can .

magistramarla
07-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Greetings right back from the Central Coast!
Many of us have decided that Lupus and other AI diseases definitely run in families, whether our docs will admit it or not. You and your Mom are yet another example. You are both very welcome to join our cyber family.
Hugs,
Marla

magistramarla
07-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Hey there So Cal Schoolsike! Greets from In-dee-an-ner, home of the triple digit afternoon temp... I thought you guys had that... oh well. Welcome to the forum!

Be sure and read through the "stickies" in each section of the forum. Lots of useful info!

Jmail - I'm about to make you very jealous.
In my part of CA, the high temp is usually 65 - year 'round. If it hits 70, the locals complain that it's a hot day.
The lows are in the 50s most of the time, but will occasionally get to the high 30s in the winter.
We're next to the ocean, so we also get the "marine layer" of fog that rolls in. It gives the mountains that "walk in the clouds" romantic look and makes the climate perfect for the wonderful wineries that are all around.
I'm wearing warm socks and a long sleeved shirt right now.
Please don't hate me!
Hugs,
Marla

BonusMom
07-26-2012, 11:13 PM
Greetings from NorCal! We are a great group and with your background, I'm sure we'll learn a lot from you, too.

magistramarla
07-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Hey BonusMom,
I really think that we need to have a California get-together. There are a lot of us here at WHL who live in CA.
How are ya?
Hugs,
Marla

BonusMom
07-29-2012, 06:59 AM
Sounds good to me! Since you are "central," I vote we head to the coast. Monterey/Santa Cruz in September is lovely (and pretty deserted, too!).

Saysusie
07-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Greeting and welcome from a fellow SoCal lupie. I am in San Bernardino County, approx 50 miles north of your location. I am in the High Desert Area where our temperatures have been in triple digits for 3 weeks now (it is currently 90 degrees and that is what we've cooled down to at 10pm).
I like the idea of a SoCal meetup...my suggestion would be Disneyland (yes, I am a Disneyland junkie) lol

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
08-01-2012, 04:13 PM
SaySusie and BonusMom,
Hey ladies, we should really get serious about this! I would love to meet you, SaySusie and I would love to see you again before we leave CA, BonusMom.
I know that we have a few other members in both SoCal and NoCal. It would be great if we could set something up!
Hugs,
Marla

Miraid
08-03-2012, 01:42 PM
I am a new member also from SoCal. I'm in the inland empire presently.