PDA

View Full Version : Being Grandma!

magistramarla
07-17-2012, 10:43 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to check in here at WHL when I get the chance, but I'm busy enjoying being Grandma right now.
David, my 13 year old grandson, flew in from Texas on Monday. He's keeping me busy.
Thursday, Kayla and her 7 year old, Kyle will arrive from Denver.
We'll be busy doing all the fun tourist stuff and I'll be soaking up the two boys.
I'll be checking in when I can, but life will be busy for a while.
Hugs,
Marla

debbie-b
07-18-2012, 02:54 AM
Hi Marla,

I know, that you will have alot of fun with the grand kids.
Enjoy the time with them.

Debbie

BonusMom
07-18-2012, 05:44 AM
Savor every minute of it! As you know, they grow up so fast as there may come a time in the not so distant future that summer break will mean summer jobs and college classes :-)

Have a great time!

rob
07-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to check in here at WHL when I get the chance, but I'm busy enjoying being Grandma right now.
David, my 13 year old grandson, flew in from Texas on Monday. He's keeping me busy.
Thursday, Kayla and her 7 year old, Kyle will arrive from Denver.
We'll be busy doing all the fun tourist stuff and I'll be soaking up the two boys.
I'll be checking in when I can, but life will be busy for a while.
Hugs,
Marla

Go be a Grandma! We'll leave a light on for you.

SleepyInSeattle
07-18-2012, 07:56 AM
ENJOY!!!! :D
Make me happy to think if you off having fun...
We'll see you when you get back!

steve.b
07-18-2012, 08:26 AM
i can feel your grin from over here.
enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmail
07-18-2012, 02:32 PM
13 & 7?... Ya gonna play some baseball with 'em?... Make them bake the cookies now, with supervision, of course... I like CHOCOLATE chip ones... hint hint

Nonna
07-19-2012, 02:54 AM
Have fun and enjoy them now. My first set are now teenagers and not as much fun. Dealing with the emergence to adulthood is hard for them.

Have fun and get lots of hugsp

magistramarla
07-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Everyone is gone and I'm recovering.
We explored San Francisco, went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and toured the NPS campus. One day, we drove up to Santa Cruz and took the steam train up the mountain into the redwoods. That afternoon, we drove down the mountain to the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk and let the boys swim in the ocean and ride the rides on the boardwalk. They wore Grandma out. Even my dog was totally worn out. Conner and I both slept most of the day yesterday.
I love to see the grandkids come, but I also love to see 'em go!
Hugs,
Marla

BonusMom
07-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Sounds fun, but totally exhausting!

We were in Santa Cruz last weekend and did The Boardwalk on Saturday.....small world! We dined at Cafe Cruz on Saturday night for a belated anniversary dinner as Superman was pretty gimpy on the actual date. It was delicious! Now, if I could only figure out how to make their Cabernet Reduction Sauce....

Glad you had great time with the kids and took the time to rest up yesterday. You may need a few more R&R days to totally recover. Those young'uns have endless energy!

jmail
07-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Sounds like it was fun while it lasted, but nice now, eh?... We're taking our two boys down to see my mom & dad tomorrow, and I'm sure they'll be glad to see us go too, by the end of the day... lol |;^)

magistramarla
07-27-2012, 05:21 PM
BonusMom,
We were there on Sunday. We need to plan better next time and meet up. Our favorite restaurant there is out on the pier - called The Mira Mar.
My son is getting married on Aug. 23 and is bringing his bride out here to CA for a honeymoon and to meet the folks Aug. 29-Sept. 5.
We'll be taking them to Santa Cruz to eat at our favorite place. That weekend happens to be my birthday, so we'll be doing lots of celebrating - LOL.
Hugs,
Marla

magistramarla
07-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Sounds like it was fun while it lasted, but nice now, eh?... We're taking our two boys down to see my mom & dad tomorrow, and I'm sure they'll be glad to see us go too, by the end of the day... lol |;^)

Jmail,
Yes, we often wonder how we survived with five of them. Thank goodness only one was a boy!
I'm enjoying my well-earned quiet life now.
Hugs,
Marla

BonusMom
07-29-2012, 07:10 AM
BonusMom,
We were there on Sunday. We need to plan better next time and meet up. Our favorite restaurant there is out on the pier - called The Mira Mar.
My son is getting married on Aug. 23 and is bringing his bride out here to CA for a honeymoon and to meet the folks Aug. 29-Sept. 5.
We'll be taking them to Santa Cruz to eat at our favorite place. That weekend happens to be my birthday, so we'll be
doing lots of celebrating - LOL.
Hugs,
Marla
It was cooler on Sunday. Saturday the beach was packed, as was the boardwalk. We were traveling home by noon.

I love The Mira Mar, but, having battled the traffic earlier on Saturday, I didn't think I could expect Superman to do it again, especially with him still recovering from race related injuries.

Congrats to your son and the gaining of a new daughter! Sounds like a great week in store!

Danica01
07-30-2012, 12:02 AM
Have so much fun and we can not wait to hear all about his visit and the amazing things you did!!!!!!!!