PDA

View Full Version : It's Been A While

mrstjscott
07-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Hello everyone,

I haven't been here for a while but I miss the people and the posts. How are all of you doing?

I was wondering if anyone has trouble with numbness in the arms, legs and feet? This happens to me randomly and is getting worse and worse. Also, my right eye gives me weird problems. It seems that when evening comes, that eye gets very dry, closes by itself, feels like somebody is trying to pull it through my skull and when it isn't closed, I have to blink it a lot to help it to not feel like it's going to drop out of my eye.

steve.b
07-17-2012, 08:12 PM
hi mrs scott, i had been wondering how you have been keeping.

the dry eye is common to a lot of us. sjogren(sp) is usually the cause.

i also get the numbness you are talking about. for me it is poor circulation. reynauds also has a part to play in numbness.

magistramarla
07-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Hi Mrs. Scott,
Hey, it's good to see you here! Didn't you have some severe eye problems a while back? I agree with Steve - the dry eyes can indicate Sjogren's.
I use Restasis for it. Systane is a good OTC drop, too.
I have a lot of problems with numbness, especially in my feet. I also have Raynaud's and my toes turn purple. Peripheral neuropathy is another possibility.
I hope that you are feeling better.
Hugs,
Marla

jmail
07-18-2012, 02:28 PM
"Ditto" here also. The sjogren's and renaud's are usually called "secondary" as a result of the lupus, of course. Sounds like your eye gets tired towards the end of the day. Your eye and eyelid doesn't droop, like Myesthenia Gravis do they? Just dry to where you blink a lot? Ya got any "fake tears" kind of eyedrops you could use? They're like $10 a little bottle for the good ones.

mrstjscott
07-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Hi Marla,

Yes, I had been having some problems with the right eye. It wasn't cancer, thank GOD. However, the doctor says the eye is ok. IT'S NOT!!! I have recently had problems with ulcers in my mouth and my lips cracking and bleeding at will. The steroids have taken care of that problem, though. The right eye is really unexplainable. It feels like it is trying to escape my body. I mean it feels like it is being pulled from the inside through my head. It closes by itself. It's hard to open in the morning and not from cold or morning eye stuff. I mean when I try to open it, I usually have to pry it open or painfully wait for it to open. Usually, when evening approaches, the right eye starts it's act. It doesn't matter whether or not I have on glasses or contact lenses or nothing. It just happens and only in the right eye. I have no problems with the left eye at all and the bubble is back on the bottom eyelid. When I was taking 50mg of steroids per day, the bubble went away but the doctor only had me on that dosage for about a week and a half due to my legs not working. I'm having a lot of trouble with my feet, arms and legs - tingling and numbness. I was also diagnosed with gastritis and just about everything I eat bothers me. My scalp stays scaly and white with some crazy looking white stuff. I haven't gone to the dermatologist or any other doctor lately but I do have an appt with the Rheumy on Aug. 9th. He wants a complete cbc and some other blood work done. He seems to think I don't have Lupus at all. He doesn't know what is wrong with me. I'm scared that I may have M.S. I have some symptoms my sister in law has, especially the numbness. Also, I have been experiencing bouts of dizziness and shooting pains through my head, especially on the right side. Ok that's enough. I'll catch you up on the rest, later and NO I haven't gotten my scooter yet!!!

mrstjscott
07-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Hi,

No, my eye doesn't droop but it, well actually right below the bottom eyelid twitches a lot. It just twitched for five days straight. Now it does it when I yawn, yell or just out of the blue. Yes, I had been having some problems with the right eye. It wasn't cancer, thank GOD. However, the doctor says the eye is ok. IT'S NOT!!! I have recently had problems with ulcers in my mouth and my lips cracking and bleeding at will. The steroids have taken care of that problem, though. The right eye is really unexplainable. It feels like it is trying to escape my body. I mean it feels like it is being pulled from the inside through my head. It closes by itself. It's hard to open in the morning and not from cold or morning eye stuff. I mean when I try to open it, I usually have to pry it open or painfully wait for it to open. Usually, when evening approaches, the right eye starts it's act. It doesn't matter whether or not I have on glasses or contact lenses or nothing. It just happens and only in the right eye. I have no problems with the left eye at all and the bubble is back on the bottom eyelid. When I was taking 50mg of steroids per day, the bubble went away but the doctor only had me on that dosage for about a week and a half due to my legs not working. I'm having a lot of trouble with my feet, arms and legs - tingling and numbness. I was also diagnosed with gastritis and just about everything I eat bothers me. My scalp stays scaly and white with some crazy looking white stuff. I haven't gone to the dermatologist or any other doctor lately but I do have an appt with the Rheumy on Aug. 9th. He wants a complete cbc and some other blood work done. He seems to think I don't have Lupus at all. He doesn't know what is wrong with me. I'm scared that I may have M.S. I have some symptoms my sister in law has, especially the numbness. Also, I have been experiencing bouts of dizziness and shooting pains through my head, especially on the right side. Ok that's enough. I'll catch you up on the rest, later and NO I haven't gotten my scooter yet!!!

mrstjscott
07-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Hi Steve,

Yes, I had been having some problems with the right eye. It wasn't cancer, thank GOD. However, the doctor says the eye is ok. IT'S NOT!!! I have recently had problems with ulcers in my mouth and my lips cracking and bleeding at will. The steroids have taken care of that problem, though. The right eye is really unexplainable. It feels like it is trying to escape my body. I mean it feels like it is being pulled from the inside through my head. It closes by itself. It's hard to open in the morning and not from cold or morning eye stuff. I mean when I try to open it, I usually have to pry it open or painfully wait for it to open. Usually, when evening approaches, the right eye starts it's act. It doesn't matter whether or not I have on glasses or contact lenses or nothing. It just happens and only in the right eye. I have no problems with the left eye at all and the bubble is back on the bottom eyelid. When I was taking 50mg of steroids per day, the bubble went away but the doctor only had me on that dosage for about a week and a half due to my legs not working. I'm having a lot of trouble with my feet, arms and legs - tingling and numbness. I was also diagnosed with gastritis and just about everything I eat bothers me. My scalp stays scaly and white with some crazy looking white stuff. I haven't gone to the dermatologist or any other doctor lately but I do have an appt with the Rheumy on Aug. 9th. He wants a complete cbc and some other blood work done. He seems to think I don't have Lupus at all. He doesn't know what is wrong with me. I'm scared that I may have M.S. I have some symptoms my sister in law has, especially the numbness. Also, I have been experiencing bouts of dizziness and shooting pains through my head, especially on the right side. Ok that's enough. I'll catch you up on the rest, later and NO I haven't gotten my scooter yet!!!

jmail
07-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Ah, you did the ole "triple-click trick" on that one, eh?... You might see if you can get into an eye doctor of either form (opthamologist - preferably - or optometrist) and see if they see something in the eye, or the eyelid. Sjogren's will do similar to what you describe. My scalp is also usually a mess of sores and scales, similar to what I'll get on my face if I get in the sun. The medications help, but I also have to do ketoconazole shampoo to keep the fungus down, and I also do probiotic capsules for my tummy, since a person on antibiotics and/or steroids *will* generate lots of yeast, and have trouble with keeping good bacteria going in your tummy. It can be a vicious cycle keeping all the different stuff in check. But get to a doctor, even if it's just a gp, for your eye. Don't wait until August for that. Right stuff down that's happening to you, and have someone take some pictures of your scalp/skin & face (for the eye), with as much definition in the pictures as possible, so you can show those to the docs... If you can get into a doc when your skin or scalp has those sores, they might be able to do a "scrape", aka biopsy, and have another way to diagnose