PDA

View Full Version : Emotional wreck!

Ssparks26
07-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Hello so my dr put me on prednisone for a lupus flare up including terrible rash on legs it's helping my symptoms but it makes me so emotional I want to cry all the time I'm just wondering if anyone else seems to have this problem or if I'm just crazy?

jmail
07-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Are you on like 60mg a day initially, then reducing? It does that to me, and I'm a 56 year old man... then I'll "fly off the handle", ticked off at everyone. 'Course, the lupus can mess with your emotions by proxy by messing with your endocrine and central nervous systems, among other stuffs, throwing you all out of whack. What other meds (if any) are you on? They had me on Lyrica for a while, but it *really* messed with me.

Danica01
07-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Sorry I am a few days late in responding but you could not post this question at a better time!!!! I have had to take prednisone off and on over the years but this past Thursday I have been officially put on it for a month!!!!! Blah! I feel exactly the same way as you. My better half is gone for the next six months and if I had not been on it before I would have believed I was having a nervous breakdown!!!! It makes our emotions go up and down like crazy! I can be mad at the world one minute and sobbing the next. It is just so yucky. I know we are on it so we feel better and it does make me feel better, I just wish the side effects were not as severe as they are. Let me know how you are feeling. How long are you on the prednisone????

Ssparks26
07-15-2012, 08:20 AM
I am on it for 21 days it's making my body feel better I just feel sorry for those around me because I cry then scream then cry again!!!

jmail
07-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Are you doing a low, steady dose over the course, or an initial high dose (ie 60) and then weaning down? Once you get used to the steroid, your swings will probably calm down, and you'll be better able to enjoy that extra boost it gives your body. I've had to say "I'm sorry" more than once to the family for blasting out at them... I've got a 12 year old who always seems to know the appropriate time to come give me a gentle hug...