PDA

View Full Version : Hello

muckasmack108
07-11-2012, 08:32 AM
Hello everyone,

Today is my first day on your forum. It was just yesterday I was diagnoised with SLE. I hope to learn alot from all of you. A little about myself. I am 31 years old. I have a wonderful husband and a 5 year old daughter. I love the beach(not good for SLE I have recently learned) and watching sports. I also have Hosimotos thyroid which was diagonised about 4 years ago. I appreciate any advice and knowledge I recieve from all of you.

steve.b
07-11-2012, 08:56 AM
hi and welcome.
please take the time to read a few of the older posts......
they are our personal experiences with lupus.

also read about overlapping disorders and thyroid problems.
many, many of us have thyroid issues, as a result of our lupus.

Nicki
07-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Welcome to the forum! I am finally realizing that I need to take what my doc said to heart. When I was first diagnosed, he said, "Remember Newton's First Law of Motion. Objects in motion stay in motion and objects at rest stay at rest." That was the BEST advice to me because it doesn't allow me to use my Lupus as an excuse as much as I would like to. When I am in pain, I just want to lay in bed. Then the pain and stiffness gets worse and I stay in bed longer. A vicious cycle. Now when I wake up, I do some stretching and get on the elliptical even when my neck is so stiff that it won't move. By the time I am done, my neck can move side-to-side with only a little discomfort and the pain is almost gone! Instant fix!!

Good luck! Learn all you can about the disease but remember that when we overload ourselves with information all at once, we scare ourselves! =)

jmail
07-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Plus you get all those endorphins, Nicki... 'Course, if you're like me, it's "all two" of them... lol

welcome, muckasmack108. That's an unusual user name... tic |;^)

muckasmack108
07-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Thank you for the warm welcomes! jmail believe it or not I always called my daughter my muckasmack when she was a baby and it just stuck. Thanks Nicki I appreciate the words of encouragement! I will never let a diagonsis sit me down. Of course it was hard to hear. I had no clue my doctor was even testing for it. I went in for a rash that I got and I have had the symptoms for a long time and just assume they were my thyroid but my primary doctor is persistant and she ran all kinds of blood work and sent me to the remy(I think thats the right abbreviation for it). It for me is motivation to keep working hard at making myself feel better and real answer to my symptoms.

kim,l
07-13-2012, 03:00 AM
hello welcome to whl family its a funny thing my husband has been calling me mucka since we got married 28 years ago . he said mucka mucka lets go for some tucker and this nickname has stuck ever since. look forward to getting to know you.

magistramarla
07-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Hi and welcome to WHL.
This is a great place to find information and support.
Hugs,
Marla