PDA

View Full Version : Medical alert bracelet/id?

Leahc
07-08-2012, 01:41 PM
I have been looking into a medical alert bracelet/neckalace for Dylan. He is thinking he wants dog tags, but someone that I know who is on our local EMS said that he should really go with a bracelet because they rarely look for a neckalce. Anybody got any ideas? Also what would I put on it? His nephrologist said that hypertension needs to be the first thing along with steroid use and his allergies. Help please.

steve.b
07-08-2012, 10:22 PM
exactly what is on the tags, needs to be discussed with your doctor.

we had a discussion on here about 1 or 2 months ago.
some ladies liked the idea of getting it tattooed on there wrist.
maybe dylan would think this was "cool".

Leahc
07-09-2012, 03:59 AM
Lol! Maybe if he was a little older. I remember reading some of the posts. So many choices. Agh!!!

tgal
07-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Here is the thread about the ID Bracelets. Hopefully this will help. Feel free to add to it!

Medical Alert Bracelet Discussion (http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthread.php?11332-Medical-ID-bracelet&highlight=Bracelet)

magistramarla
07-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Leah,
I gave a link to the site where I bought mine in the thread that Mari mentioned. They have lots of styles, from inexpensive to extravagant.
I've been very happy with mine. It "lives" on a ringstand in the kitchen with my watch, and I grab both of them as I go out the door.
Hugs,
Marla

KCsMOM
07-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Hi Leah,

Here is a link to the site where I have gotten bands for Keith. They have a pocket in them where you can put emergency contact information as well as a list of medical conditions and medications. Hope this helps.

Take care,
Beth

http://www.simaenterprises.com/

Bonita
07-18-2012, 05:18 PM
i got mine through medic alert and they put what ever you think is important and can fit on the medal and you also get a card for you wallet and they put you on file with all of your information in case of emergencies

running girl
07-18-2012, 07:20 PM
I use a similar one as Beth described but only when I run.