PDA

View Full Version : Tackling my summer class

ritzbit2
07-01-2012, 08:34 PM
I plan to jump head first into this summer class and hope that even with the increased work load I will not be overly stressed about it. I am still not really feeling the best, but I am feeling a little bit better. Some of the worst of the muscle problems seems to be easing up and I can eat a little more :) I still haven't gotten the new antibiotic though :( hoping to work it out with my new insurance tomorrow. Its been a real pain trying to get this stuff. Its apparently the pill form of the antibiotic that is used normally to treat MRSA (yikes!) so I'm guessing its a pretty strong antibiotic. Wish me luck, I could use it lol

steve.b
07-01-2012, 09:21 PM
( ( ( h u g s ) ) )

ritzbit2
07-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Today was a nice easy day and my professor is really nice. He said he would really work with me if I ever have to miss even letting me take make up exams. Some professors are really weird about stuff like that so I'm glad he is willing to work with me if I need him too. My mom is going up to fight with the pharm/doc/insurance about this antibiotic again. Other than my feet being bigger than they have been in awhile, today went well. I wish I had a better solution to keeping the swelling in them down :/ It seems like the only way they dont is if I have them up in a recliner all day. Even sitting for long periods make them swell. Its really annoying even when it doesn't hurt because its not always painful, just really sore sometimes instead.

magistramarla
07-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Hi Ritz,
I'm glad that you're feeling a bit better, and I hope that you can enjoy this summer class.
LOL - When Kayla was on a very strong antibiotic, the docs failed to warn her that it could affect BC pills, and so we have Kyle!
Just a warning!
I don't know whether those same antibiotics can adversely affect any of the meds that we take for our AI issues. It might be something to ask your docs.
Hugs,
Marla

ritzbit2
07-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Well my new insurance isn't going to cover much of the cost of this medication, and my mom is trying to figure out why. I hope this isn't something thats going to be a problem with my meds to come, because we can't afford them without insurance. My doctor said without this antibiotic this C.Diff is never going to go away and will probably keep coming back. I dont have $1800 to spend on this antibiotic.

magistramarla
07-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Ritz,
The doc needs to write the appeal letter to the insurance, showing that the medication is medically necessary.
Hugs,
Marla

ritzbit2
07-02-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm just really aggravated. All of this goes over my head.