PDA

View Full Version : Was just told I have Lupus on the 22nd.

Angelwngs23
06-24-2012, 02:41 AM
I was told I have Lupus on the 22nd by my doctor. He is sending me to see a Rheumatologist. So I wanted to have other people to understand what I am going through. I am scared. Please help me.

Derrie
06-24-2012, 07:07 AM
Angel,

First, I am sorry you have been diagnosed with lupus. Being diagnosed with a chronic illness is a scary thing. But, I am glad you found us, because you have found a group of folks who can definitely understand what you're going through. Also, the threads here -- going back years -- are a wealth of information about lupus and autoimmune disease, treatments, symptoms, coping, experience, and just life in general. I'd highly recommend you start browsing through them if you haven't already.

I'm glad you're here!

tgal
06-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Hi and welcome to WHL. I know it is a scary thing to be told that you have this disease but know this... having Lupus is no longer a death sentence like it was 50 years ago. There are meds now that will most likely allow you to live a basically normal life. It often takes the meds some time to work but we will be here to help with tips along the way. You are now a part of the WHL family and you are no longer alone

magistramarla
06-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Welcome to WHL. We're here to help so that it won't be so scary. Read through the stickys and any old threads that interest you and ask lots of questions. Arm yourself with lots of information before you see the rheumy.
Hugs,
Marla

Angelwngs23
06-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Angel,

First, I am sorry you have been diagnosed with lupus. Being diagnosed with a chronic illness is a scary thing. But, I am glad you found us, because you have found a group of folks who can definitely understand what you're going through. Also, the threads here -- going back years -- are a wealth of information about lupus and autoimmune disease, treatments, symptoms, coping, experience, and just life in general. I'd highly recommend you start browsing through them if you haven't already.

I'm glad you're here!

Thank you for the understanding. I think I might just go back and read all the previous threads.

Angelwngs23
06-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Hi and welcome to WHL. I know it is a scary thing to be told that you have this disease but know this... having Lupus is no longer a death sentence like it was 50 years ago. There are meds now that will most likely allow you to live a basically normal life. It often takes the meds some time to work but we will be here to help with tips along the way. You are now a part of the WHL family and you are no longer alone

Thank you for being so understanding. I hope to see the Rheumatologist soon and get my meds.

Angelwngs23
06-24-2012, 11:47 PM
Welcome to WHL. We're here to help so that it won't be so scary. Read through the stickys and any old threads that interest you and ask lots of questions. Arm yourself with lots of information before you see the rheumy.
Hugs,
Marla

Thank you for being here for me.