PDA

View Full Version : Getting my wisdom teeth pulled!

Shine
06-22-2012, 04:51 AM
I had my bottom wisdom teeth removed years ago and now it's time to get the top ones out.

Just wondering if there is anything I should be concerned about considering I have Lupus...anything I should mention to the doc, anything about how local anaesthetic affects us Lupies etc? I'm just hoping I don't have a mouthful of stupid bloody ulcers on the day, that won't make it any nicer!

Oh, and hi everyone...long time no forum. I hope you're all doing well :)
xxx

magistramarla
06-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Shine,
Do you have any dry mouth (Sjogren's) issues? I think that I've read that there are some things that the dentist should be aware of if you have a dry mouth.
Hugs,
Marla

Saysusie
06-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Don't forget to tell them about your meds for Lupus, what causes your flare ups, and if you do have ulcers, I would think that a dentist would have something to help reduce the pain prior to doing any dental work.
Good Luck :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
06-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Shine
I just checked over at the Sjogren's forum, where I had read some info on this. They had some good practical advice.
1. Moisturize your eyes before the procedure. Might be a good idea even without SJS.
2. Use carmex or your favorite lip balm to keep your lips from drying out.
3. Ask the dentist if you can take a Tylenol or other NSAID before to lessen the pain if you have problems with it.
Hugs,
Marla