PDA

View Full Version : Positive ANAs & elevated double stranded DNAs...

NoLupus
06-21-2012, 02:27 PM
It's not as good as a diagnosis for lupus is it? It can happen for no apparent reason? I admit, I do have many health issues but I get confused about what is really related to what. Here are some of my issues. I'm almost embarrassed to list them. Pardon my spelling errors. Hard to believe but I used to be a spelling bee student. LOL

Hairloss
small blood vessel disease of the brain
muscle and joint pain and weakness w/negative RA factor
fibromyalgia
gastritis
punctate gastric hemmorhages
deep tissue and joint pain
internal pain--no specific, random and sporadic
pleurisy (intermittently)
fatigue
unexplained + sed rate but not always +
occasional low grade fevers
high blood pressure
foggy-headedness when fatigued
rash on hands
no malar rash but look slightly flushed sometimes and burning from moisturizer across t-zone
frequent lymph node swelling and pain
facial numbness
air hunger
occasional thyroiditis
eyes feel dry and gritty but are often watery and sensitive to light and wind
periodic almost painless sores in mouth and less frequently, in nose
vertigo--intermittently (initial onset was so severe couldn't even move eyes without room spinning. Never got quite that bad since onset)

n.mac
06-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Many labs and symptums can point towards lupus but the ds-dna is pretty definitive.

Saysusie
06-26-2012, 12:09 PM
As has been mentioned, DsDna is a test that is pretty much specific for diagnosing Lupus. All of your symptoms do sound like some type of Auto-immune disorder (actually, the sound a bit like there may be some overlapping AI issues going on). However, there is no way to know exactly what issue is causing what problem. Unfortunately, doctors will have to do a lot more testing in order to narrow down the list.
Please know that many of us suffer from more than one overlapping AI disease and, even know what the diseases are, we still cannot differentiate what symptom is being cause by which disease :-(

I wish you the very best though
Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie