PDA

View Full Version : Dropping in to say Hi ♡

OmaLaura
06-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Hello all :cute:

I wanted to say "HI" and introduce myself. My name is Laura and I was dx with SLE and Discoid in 1995. Like most everyone else, I have lots of other ailments and have had many surgeries between then and now. And, like so many, my life since lupus has been spent bouncing from one doctor to another, trying one medication after another. All with little or no help. Some, made things worse, causing further damage.

I turn 50 in less than a week. My husband and I live in Eastern Washington (the dry side of the state). Together, we have 3 daughters - all married and living elsewhere, and we have 4 grand-babies under the age of 4.

After 6 months of fighting my insurance company and jumping through hoops, I was finally approved and started on Benlysta on Monday. Today is my third day of side effects. UGH! I'm praying what I have read about this new drug is true and waiting for the side effects to end and the good days to begin.

Hoping to be a friend as well as find some new friends along the way, supporting and uplifting one another.

Have a good day all,
Laura (Oma)

steve.b
06-20-2012, 09:11 PM
hi laura,

i am very similar in a few ways.
i am 50.
i have 4 grandchildren, i love very dearly.
i live in a different wa though.
western australia.

we are never alone !!!!!

OmaLaura
06-20-2012, 09:45 PM
amazing how those little ones give us strength to keep on going!
thanks for the note
Laura♡

magistramarla
06-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Hi Laura,
Welcome to WHL.
Like Steve, I also have some things in common with you. I'm 54, have five grown children and the fourth grandbaby is due in October.
My hubby and I are living on the Central Coast of California, and we love it here.
I have a few overlapping AI diseases, including Lupus, Sjogren's, RA and Psoriatic arthritis. I also have Meniere's, Spasmodic Dysphonia and possible Spastic Paraplegia.
You are very welcome here. We are all interested in reading about experiences with Benlysta. We're also glad to be as supportive and helpful as possible when you need to vent.
Hugs,
Marla