PDA

View Full Version : Super grumpy today and I dont know why.....

LenaT14
06-20-2012, 09:02 AM
I have no idea what my malfunction is today but absolutely everything is annoying me and all I want to do is take a nap! Im not really in a lot of pain, the only thing bothering me is my feet when i stand in one spot for too long. I dont have a monthly cycle so its not PMS, but it feels like that!?! Maybe I need to look into the side effects of this new med and see if "bitchiness" is a side effect....im usually a pretty stable person but wow I'm super grumpy! I do have a lot going on in my world right now but nothing that I can blame this mood on....oh well, such is life :)

BonusMom
06-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Post-Med Syndrome, the "New" PMS.

Meds can do funky things to your system. If you haven't taken steroids before, well, they are known for causing aggression, for example.

Maybe go back to bed; have a little nap and give yourself permission to have a do-over. Despite our best efforts, it's not always rainbows and fairy dust :-)

debbie-b
06-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Post-Med Syndrome, the "New" PMS.

Meds can do funky things to your system. If you haven't taken steroids before, well, they are known for causing aggression, for example.

Maybe go back to bed; have a little nap and give yourself permission to have a do-over. Despite our best efforts, it's not always rainbows and fairy dust :-)

When I started the steriods last week, I read my husband the possible side effects and when I came to aggression part, he laughed and said, " i guess you will get fired at work soon". He knows, that I have a customer service job, that is often very trying and frustrating, to say the least. It is very hard to always keep sane in that line of work and if the pred. is making me aggresive, all I can say " WATCH OUT".

Debbie

runnergirl68
06-20-2012, 12:20 PM
LOL Debbie, I'm in customer service too and one day my boss said I had to come in an hour early the next morning for a meeting and I cried and cried and cried, I had him crying and he asked me what was wrong, all I could say was "I dont know" it was hilarious. Luckily my boss was very good about dealing with my illness and went through it from the very beginning.

LenaT14
06-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Haha...thanks for the responses! I will take the "new PMS" as my excuse for misbehaving! I dont take steroids because I might have been in jail by now because they make me mean, cray cray crazy, cant sleep, and hungry like a hippo. Ridiculous huh? My mood is better now, watched 5 episodes of "operation repo" with my kid and we laughed our butts off! Laughter is always a good medicine :)