PDA

View Full Version : new

cyberqueen
06-17-2012, 03:53 AM
Hi I'm new here. Not new to SLE but new to this board. I can't wait to meet everyone here !

debbie-b
06-17-2012, 04:48 AM
Hi cyberqueen,

Welcome to WHL.
How long have you had lupus? Are you on any meds? Tell us a little bit about yourself. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Debbie

tgal
06-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Hi and welcome to WHL! We are so glad that you found us! Please make yourself at home. I look forward to getting to know you

magistramarla
06-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Hi cyberqueen,
I love your "screen name". LOL - I'm married to an expert in cyber security.
Welcome to WHL. We're all glad that you've found us.
Hugs,
Marla

steve.b
06-18-2012, 05:37 AM
hi cyberqueen.
i noticed you have been a member for almost 5 years.
glad you are now commenting.
welcome to your cyber family.
we are here to support each other, and of course you.

cyberqueen
06-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Hi all! Thank you for the warm welcome ! I am a 48 yo living in Southern Cal with my hubby, two girls (25 and 27) and Pheebie our spoiled rotten yorkie :-) I am a RN Director for a medical group currently on disability.

I was diagnosed with SLE 24 years ago but was in remission for about 8 years but am now in a pretty bad flare. Started having severe bilateral shoulder pain, went to ortho and found erosion of my humerus then diagnosed with RA. Had a total right shoulder replacement two weeks ago. As soon as I heal from this, the left shoulder replacement will happen.

I've lurked here on and off for a few years but haven't posted before - probably in a little denial. :-)

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone!

magistramarla
06-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Hi Cyberqueen,
I'm on the Central Coast of CA. My five kids are all adults and live scattered all over - one is living in Germany. The fourth grandbaby is on the way.
My hubby and I live with two very spoiled cats and my wonderful, huge German Shepherd service dog. I used to be a Latin teacher, but gave it up because of my health and to move out here for Jeff to pursue his PHD.
I hope that your shoulder replacements both are successful. I have AVN, and I've had arthroscopic surgery on one knee. I've been told that replacement surgery for joints is common with AVN.
Keep in touch, and let us know how you are doing.
Hugs,
Marla

cyberqueen
06-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Hi Marla!
The central coast is beautiful! I'm jealous of the grandbabies - sounds like the pets are in charge of your house too! There is nothing quite as therapeutic as a cuddly little buddy. :-)

Thanks for the warm welcome; I can tell I'm really going to like this place :-)

sassyNerd
06-22-2012, 07:18 AM
Hi hi, I am new to this forum but I still wanted to welcome you : ).

rob
06-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Hi Cyberqueen,

Welcome to WHL. I've already read a few of your posts. Very informative!

I'm glad you decided to join us,

Rob