PDA

View Full Version : LADY PROBLEMS- Sorry fellas

panda_lupo
06-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Hello,

This is extremely uncomfortable/personal topics to bring up... But is it common for people with Lupus to get Yeast Infections? If so is the anything you can recommend?

Private Messaging is welcome

Nonna
06-13-2012, 07:07 PM
I drown in them. Did you know that antibiotics are a common cause. Since I stopped takingthem this year. No infections ..... Knocking on wood.

tgal
06-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Try eating yogart daily! It will help.

panda_lupo
06-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks Ladies...

sometimes beign a woman is just no fun =(

magistramarla
06-14-2012, 09:42 PM
I agree with Mari. Greek yogurt is the best - high in protein and lower in sugar. Chobani Greek yogurt is the closest to what they served us in Greece.
I have it for lunch most days, and I use plain Chobani yogurt in place of sour cream in lots of recipes.
It's an easy way to get those probiotics and eat healthier.
Hugs,
Marla

lynday
06-22-2012, 05:47 AM
i replied to u privatly

admin
06-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Try eating yogart daily! It will help.

I eat yogurt every day and I've never got a yeast infection.

Saysusie
06-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Well, Conrad..you are one of the lucky few! (ROFLMAO!!)

rob
06-27-2012, 04:02 AM
I eat yogurt every day and I've never got a yeast infection.

Nearly spilled my drink laughing!

steve.b
06-27-2012, 05:03 AM
conrad,

i saw your comment and smiled,
one of those i cant believe it smiles.

it sounds like something got infected.
lol love it.

theLword
06-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Hi Amanda (and all my fellow goofy members! haa)

I had seen this post a while back, but I (although don't want to jinx myself) haven't had this problem frequently. But today I was doing some reading and I found some information published by the Lupus Foundation that individuals with Lupus are more likely to have Candida (yeast) infections. I'm a strong believer in yogurt and I eat Greek yogurt and granola everyday for lunch. And men this is definitely TMI *WARNING* :) Plain yogurt applied to the affected area during an active infection can also provide a lot of relief.

I did some research on Candida infections of the stomach a while back (way before I knew I had Lupus) and it can really effect your GI system. I recommend reading up on it, it's really interesting.

But, overall I hope you start feeling better. Yeast infections (any infection down there!) are absolutely the worst!

magistramarla
06-28-2012, 12:38 PM
I love it that our guys joined in here! LOL!
Eating lots of Greek yogurt is good for all of us, either gender.
Hugs,
Marla

panda_lupo
07-24-2012, 04:10 PM
Thank you all for your responses and a good laugh (Conrad)