PDA

View Full Version : New here, Just getting started

MrsGower2010
06-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Hi everyone I am Mary. I am 26 years old (August 6th) I have been sick since January of this year (Well worse than ever I should say) My Doctor said that I have Lupus but he has to make sure that he is making the right diagnosis. I am sooo frusterated, January my hips started feeling like they were going out.. then my back.. Headaches.. Every day is something different now and I HATE IT. I feel totally insane most days because I feel like a mack truck hit me and backed up a few hundred times. I cant be outside for longer than 15-20 min without feeling like im going to die afterwards I feel like a hypocindriac (sp?) lol I have had 2 positive ANA tests and have more labs to do friday, as well as seeing a nuerologist because I have been dizzy a lot and have these killer headaches that feel like popping in my brain they hurt so badly. I have 3 beautiful children 5, 3, and almost 2 Married to the love of my life and have a Beautiful pitbully Lotus she is my companion she lays with me when I just cant get up <3 I am searching for hope and support in the long road ahead of me until I have a positive full diagnosis then beyond that since from what I can tell....... Im definatly going to need it..

God Bless,
Mary

steve.b
06-09-2012, 06:36 PM
hi mary,
unfortunatelly many of us have a long road to diagnoses.
many of the symptoms of lupus are also symptoms of other disorders.
it is offten confusing to doctors.
also there is no test to positivelly confirm lupus.
it is diagnosed by eliminating many many other possabilities.

but luckly the medication for lupus is similar to medication for many of the auto immune disorders.
hopefully your doctors can start you on the correct medication soon.

please take the time to read some of the older posts....
they are our personal experiences with lupus.

n.mac
06-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Welcome Mary,
Hopefully now that your doctor has made a diagnosis you will begin to see some relief.I was diagnosed about 11/2 yrs ago and have been taking meds regularly since and my health has stabalized a great deal (at least this week) lol.
Between the meds and learning to stay out of the sun and covering up all the time and using lots of sunscreen many of my symptums have lessened in intensity.

I have 2 pitbulls-they are brothers so I named them Jake and Elwood-after the blues brothers.
Before I got them I never would have thought of getting pitbulls-they have such a bad reputation.
My neice rescued thier mother who had been hit by a car and left on the side of the road-after nursing her back to health she promptly gave birth to 12 pups and I got the last 2. Now that I have them I wouldn't have any other breed-they are so loving and cuddily.
Take Care Niall

magistramarla
06-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Hi Mary,
Welcome to WHL. You will find many members here who have been through what you are going through and are happy to offer support and advice.
Be sure to read the stickys and read through any old threads that interest you. There is a lot of good information here.
I have a wonderful dog too - he's a German Shepherd service dog. He takes good care of me.
Hugs,
Marla

Marine wife
06-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Welcome Mary! I'm newly dx'd and new here also. It is a great place for information and support. I have a chihuahua named Libby and my husband calls her my therapy dog. When I am feeling my worse, she just wants to lat with me and I'm never alone. Dog are human as far as I'm concerned!

tgal
06-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Welcome to WHL. We are so glad that you found us. As was mentioned above many of us have been through what you have gone through. You are at a place where people understand you and what you are dealing with.

Make yourself at home and please let us know if you have any questions!