PDA

View Full Version : hot spot

debbie-b
06-01-2012, 07:28 AM
This is going to sound weird. For about two weeks now, I have a part of my body get extremely hot.
It is right below my left cheek, butt cheek that is, the upper part of my back thigh. It is the size of a hand, it feels hot from the inside, but not hot to touch. It feels like I am sitting on a heating pad, that is on the hot setting.
At first I ignored it, but it has been going on for a couple of weeks now, about 10 times a day.
I tried to look for a pattern, but couldn't find one.
I have had the opposite before, where I would have a part of my body that got cold, but this is just strange.
Please tell me, somebody else had this before.

Debbie

tgal
06-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Sorry Debbie. Never had this happen. If it keeps up you might want to see a doctor.

Let me know. Now I am curious!

debbie-b
06-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks Mari,

It is not painful, but it is sure bizzare. I asked my hubby to check it out, because I can't see the back of my thigh, but there is nothing to see.
I really don't want to see the doctor for that, all he is going to say is," it's probably a lupus thing".

Debbie

E42brchick
07-17-2012, 06:42 AM
I have had weird sensory things like that before. I get it down the back of my left leg. Sometimes it feels like a hot cup of water was poured down the back of my leg. I thought it may have something to do with a torn disc I have in back, but I'm not sure. Whenever I mention it to my drs, they never seem overly concerned or they chalk it up to the lupus. Sigh.

Mica
07-17-2012, 04:07 PM
I get this too, I'm not really concerned about it either. It doesn't hurt or anything just feels odd. I get them mostly on my cheeks, ears, and arms.

debbie-b
07-18-2012, 03:07 AM
It disappeared as sudden as it appeared. Until this thread came back up, I had forgotten about it lol. One thing is for sure, I don't miss it.
Thanks for the reply.

Debbie

Manderson
07-18-2012, 08:22 AM
I get something like this. It's more like when a dog gets a "hot spot" where it's very itchy and rash-like. I have one on a certain spot on my side. That's the biggest one and the one that's the most irritating.