PDA

View Full Version : Way too long since my last visit.

Samo
05-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Hi fellow Lupies,

It has been a while since I have visited WHL. There have been many occasions since my last post that I thought about you all, told myself that I needed to post a quick hello, but inevitably something always came up. Well, for the past few hours I have been going through as many posts as I could to catch up on what everyone has been up to. It is funny, I really felt like I was catching up with old friends, what a great feeling! I read your posts of good news, bad news, rants, updates, and all that stuff that comes along with life and dealing with this malfunctioning autoimmune circuit board...can we exchange it for a new one?! (Happy face here).

In any case, things with me are okay, everything considered. Still dealing with joint pain, extreme fatigue, headaches, mouth sores, etc. Current med cocktail is plaquenil, methotrexate and humira. Lovely, don't you say?

I always smile when I read all of your posts and my thoughts always go out to all of you when you are suffering. Thank you all for reminding me that I am not alone in this struggle, that we all have good and bad days and that we are a community of strong and resilient people of which I am truly thankful to be a part of.

I will be better about staying in touch. HUGS. Samo.

To those of you that might remember, my one beagle (Oliver) and my other beagle mix (Spencer) are up to their usual havoc-creating deeds. What can I say, they are my kids!

debbie-b
05-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Hi Samo,

Nice to see here again.
I am glad you are doing somewhat well.
So don't be a stranger and talk to us once in a while.

Debbie

magistramarla
05-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Hey Samo!
Long time, no read. Welcome back to your cyber family. You have been missed.
I'm glad that you seem to have found the right med cocktail and that you are feeling fairly decent.
It will be good to see your comments more often.
Hugs,
Marla

Samo
05-31-2012, 05:57 AM
Thanks Debbie and Marla, it is nice to be back :)

Angel Oliver
06-03-2012, 06:08 AM
Welcome back
love
Amanda.x

Samo
06-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Thank you Amanda!
How have you been doing? I saw a post of yours saying "Have I been forgotten". No, never, I felt sad to read that (want to put a sad face here but cannot find the icon).
I hope things are going well and it is wonderful to see that you are fostering and finding homes for doggies. Such a noble thing to do.
Lots of love and hugs, Samo

Samo
06-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Thank you Amanda!
How have you been doing? I saw a post of yours saying "Have I been forgotten". No, never, I felt sad to read that (want to put a sad face here but cannot find the icon).
I hope things are going well and it is wonderful to see that you are fostering and finding homes for doggies. Such a noble thing to do.
Lots of love and hugs, Samo

mountaindreamer
06-14-2012, 07:48 PM
hi samo,

i guess several of us are finding our ways back after being gone for awhile. it is nice to hear from you, so happy the pooches are still making you laugh. life goes on, even with lupus.

welcome, welcome, so happy to see your post.

magistramarla
06-14-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm a worrier, and I worry about our familiar folks when they disappear for a while. I'm always glad to see an update.
Hugs,
Marla

Samo
06-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Phyllis and Marla,

Thank you for your warm welcomes. No matter how much pain I am in reading your wonderful replies always takes the sharp edges off.

You all are truly special. Samo