PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day

Oluwa
05-28-2012, 09:22 AM
In remembrance of our fallen soldiers celebrate their honor, their courage. Uplift the family they left behind and pray one day there will never be anymore fallen soldiers anywhere, and the world will one day find peace so that a Memorial Day will be just that… a holiday once remembered. In time…soon. I pray peace on earth…I pray all wars to stop.

The holiday is also a day we use to remember all loved ones who have passed…spouses, Aunties, Grandmas, siblings, children, Mommas and Dads…and husbands like mine. I pray they feel love like no other, greater than our love. I try to imagine the joy, the dance, and the vivid colors they see and feel. Where everything feels stronger beyond anything we can imagine..And when I do try to imagine my eyes fill with tears knowing they know, they really, really know such Greatness now. Because of that I feel such happiness for Bola even amongst my emotions of longing and missing him.

I will always, always feel you in my heart, Bola. I love you. Tell Riley and Pookie Momma loves them. I do.

I hope for all of you who have felt a loss... your day is filled with celebration, celebrating the love they have for you and the love you have for them. Celebrate their new life being in such Greatness and not the life we lost.

Grief, death..the lesson comes after the exam. Death being the exam...grief being the lesson. We are not prepared. We learn afterwards. I learn, I grow...a work in progress.

Peace, love, comfort to all of you on this day and all days to follow. Tight hugs.

magistramarla
05-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Oluwa,
I'm thinking of you with lots of love today, too.
Hugs,
Marla

debbie-b
05-28-2012, 03:41 PM
What a beautiful post, Oluwa.
Just want to sent you some tight hugs too.

Debbie