PDA

View Full Version : Happy Memorial Day

tgal
05-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Thank you to all of those that have fought and serves in the US. We are thankful for each and everyone of you!

n.mac
05-28-2012, 06:30 AM
Thanks to all the vets out there! Both sides of the pond and Down Under -we all seem to be in this together.
The Free world would be a much different place without you!

Thank You for your service and your sacrafices!

magistramarla
05-28-2012, 11:26 AM
I agree! Thanks to all, especially to those who have lost loved ones in the service of their countries.

We went to a festival yesterday. My hubby was wearing his Air Force jacket, and several people stopped him to thank him. Jeff told me later that he feels like a bit of a fraud, since he feels that he's gotten so much more than he has given (a good living, free education, etc.) and has never been deployed.
I had to point out to him that his 30 years of service have been very worthwhile. He has done a lot of the computer engineering, logistics and background work that the crews of the airplanes rely on. Lately, he's been involved in the cyber security side of the computer work, which even the President has said is going to be the most important part of future warfare.
I'm proud of Jeff's military career, as well as those of my son and son-in-law, who have both been deployed.

I hope that everyone enjoys this Memorial Day weekend.
Hugs,
Marla