PDA

View Full Version : It's Been Years.....

BonusMom
05-26-2012, 08:09 PM
And now I'm in the beginning stages of a flare.

After working 100 hours these past two weeks and cumulative stress of epic proportions, my body said "enough" and is forcing me to take a breather. Last weekend and this weekend it's all I can do to shower and make simple meals for the family. Otherwise, I'm pretty much a blob.

I've got digestive troubles where my food is sitting in the top of my stomach-not wanting to digest, nausea/vomiting, heartburn, mouth ulcers, swollen lymph nodes in my neck and headaches, burning feet (when lying in bed), muscular pain and overall feeling like crap.

And this is just the beginning, I'm sure.

It's been quite a while since I've had trouble with Gastroparesis and it's been my measuring stick as to SLE disease activity because that's where it seems to have "attacked" my digestive system the worst.

I'm seeing a new rheumy next week that is close to me and covered by my insurance vs 3 hrs away and $250 out of pocket.

I hope this is short-lived.

tgal
05-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Oh I hope it is short lived as well! Please take care of yourself!

steve.b
05-26-2012, 09:11 PM
i hope the new rhuemy has a magic potion.

Saysusie
05-27-2012, 03:46 AM
I hope that this does not last long and that you and your new doctor are able to nip it in the bud. I, then, hope that it goes away for another very long period of time. Take Care..I wish you well.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

debbie-b
05-27-2012, 05:29 AM
My rheumy gives me a steroid shot, into my butt, when I am in a major flare and it helps alot for about 4-7 days.
By that time, sometimes the flare is on its way out.
I hope, you get over this flare soon.

Debbie

rob
05-27-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm pretty much a blob too. I know how to pace myself, but that doesn't mean I always do it.

I overdid things too, and I'm paying for it, so you're not alone.

Rob

magistramarla
05-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Hi BonusMom,
It's good to see you here again - I've missed you. I hope that the new rheumy works out for you and that the flare doesn't last long. The insurance question keeps me from going to see the great rheumy in SF, too. It's frustrating!
Hugs,
Marla

tgal
05-27-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm pretty much a blob too. I know how to pace myself, but that doesn't mean I always do it.

I overdid things too, and I'm paying for it, so you're not alone.

Rob

I had to chuckle a bit at this. I think many oxnis "seldom do"

steve.b
05-27-2012, 11:55 PM
I'm pretty much a blob too.......

rob the blob.....

i could say more...
but today i will contain my self

running girl
05-28-2012, 03:38 AM
Sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly.
Take care,
Brenda

BonusMom
05-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the sympathy guys.

Misery loves company, but not in this case, Rob.

I've managed to dust my house, do laundry and get groceries with my four days off, but this wasn't how I planned to spend my long weekend. I've sent Superman and Bonus Daughter to see The Avengers so I can take another guilt free nap. I'm lovin' my bed these days....