PDA

View Full Version : i know i have not been on for a long time.. here whats been going on in my life.

Tracyl50
05-24-2012, 10:02 AM
hello i know i have not been on here for a long time. here is what has been going on with me.. i was denied S.S. which i really don't understand why. this is what they said. even though there is medical evidence that you have Lupus, fibro, asthma , and depression. however we feel you can work do to your age. you can lift no more 20lbs but only carry no more then 10lbs and i can sit and stand most of the day.. where am i going to find a job with restriction . also when i do any kind of work around the house i have to take pain pills to help me. i will not drive when i take the pills. with all the meds I'm on I'm so tired all the time. why would the state want me to put my life and the life of others at risk just so i can drive back and forth from work. so now we have appeal it and it can take up to 2 years now. what gets me is that if i did drugs i would get it. its not fare. I'm dealing with pain all the time , chronic fatigue , and depression from the loss of my only Child. i just don't want to live anymore. i feel I'm so alone , loosing my son is killing me. He was only 20 years old. I can't function some days. My memory is so bad. then i get denied,, i wish for once something will go my way. but i don't see that happening. now my face twitches when i smile and i don't know what is causing that.. i think i have nerve damage now. i asked my rheumy if i should go see a Neurologist, he said its up to me. and if i go he will do test that might be painful and just send me right back to him because its from the lupus. what would do?? i think i should go cause it i do have nerve damage it can be another thing i can add to my case.. I just don't know what to do anymore. and i feel like i have no one anymore..

debbie-b
05-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Tracy,

I am very sorry, that you are going through hell right now. My heart goes out to you, I don't want to pretent to know what you are going through. Loosing your child is the worst pain anybody can ever go through.
I am truly sorry.
About the disability, we all know how unfair that system is.
Please don't say, that you don't want to live anymore.
Have you had time to grief over your son?
This might be a very small comfort to you, but we are here for you, you are not all alone.
I am wishing the best for you.

Debbie

Nonna
05-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Tracy
First gentle hugs to you.
Second no matter how heavy your burden never give up
Grief is hard to deal with, but hope and faith can see us through.

Please don't give up on youself.

Toni

tgal
05-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Don't remember If you are in the states or not but I'd you are something like 80% of the people that apply for SS get denied the first time. I suggest getting an attorney. You don't pay them until you win and they get a percentage of your back pay. I know some make it without one but it is rare

rob
05-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Hi Tracy,

I am so very sorry about the loss of your son in Afghanistan. I can remember when you first told us about his death last year.

I too have been coping with the loss of a loved one with the recent death of my father from lung cancer.

Losing a parent in this way is awful, but I can't begin to imagine what it's like to lose a child who's life has barely just begun.

Please don't give up,

Rob

magistramarla
05-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Tracy,
MANY HUGS! We're all here for you when you need to vent.
As others have said, you should get a lawyer and appeal for the SS.
Hugs,
Marla

Saysusie
05-27-2012, 03:59 AM
I just want to ditto what has been said, that a great portion of SS applications are summarily denied. It seems as though we always have to appeal in order to be approved.
I wish you the best in your appeal process. We are here for you.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Tracyl50
05-30-2012, 08:51 AM
i do have a lawyer and now I'm just waiting.. they say it could take up to two years now. i just don't get them. if i did drugs or drank i would get it. but when your sick and really need it you don't get it..