PDA

View Full Version : Peeling fingertips

E42brchick
05-21-2012, 08:16 PM
Ok so things have been pretty good.... I have been feeling alright except for the fatigue every now and then. But then a few days ago I noticed my fingers and finger tips started peeling. A pretty noticeable amount. This struck me as odd because I remember that my fingers started peeling about 2 weeks after I had my son which was about 6 mos ago. Shortly after is when all my lupus symptoms started. So naturally, my fingers started peeling a few days ago and now I feel like I may be starting another flare up! My left elbow has started to swell again, my knees are hurting really bad, I've also been having a seriously stiff neck, back and side pain. Do you think the finger peeling is related to the lupus? Not sure how normal it is to have peeling fingers every 6 mos.

tgal
05-21-2012, 08:35 PM
The short answer is yes, skin peeling on the fingertips can be a sign/symptom of AI diseases. It can be from the Lupus itself, from Raynauds or various other AI diseases. Of course not everyone has it but it is a known symptom

Mica
05-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Make sure to keep your hands warm, that should help with the peeling.

ritzbit2
05-22-2012, 08:38 AM
When my finger tips started "peeling" it was the start of ulcers caused by my Raynauds and thats basically what sent me to a rheumatologist in the first place. If there are is any discoloration in your fingers that would be my guess. If thats the case I would bring it up with your doctor sooner rather than later (you should bring it up either way) because if it is from Raynauds meds can help it from getting worse.