PDA

View Full Version : Cataract surgery

Leahc
05-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi everyone. Just wanted to say that Dylan had his first cataract surgery this Monday. All went well!!! Having a hard time adjusting to not really needing his glasses in his right eye, but needing them for his left. On the 21st (this coming Monday) he will have his left eye done. Hoping for the same results!!!! Gonna be a busy next few weeks for him. All leading up to his 8th grade graduation on the 31st. Wish him/us luck!!!!

magistramarla
05-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Good for Dylan!
High school will be a big adventure for him. It sounds like he'll be ready to conquer it.
Hugs,
Marla

debbie-b
05-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Good luck. I am sure the second eye will be as good as the first.

Debbie

steve.b
05-17-2012, 06:34 PM
this little step forward, should make a big difference in his life.

hope all goes well for the second one.

Leahc
05-18-2012, 06:24 AM
Thanks you guys!!! I'm a little nervous though today. He has his 8th grade field trip and they are going canoeing. He's SUPPOSED to be in a canoe with two other boys and they were gonna make him sit in the middle. Gonna be a hot one here today so made him load up on sunscreen and told him to reapply at lunchtime. Gotta think positive!!! He's a good kid and he's pretty responsible. I would like to think that if he didn't feel comfortable he'd find a different canoe. Thanks for letting me rant.

magistramarla
05-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Leah,
I went canoeing once when I was about 15. It was with an Explorer troop. I can't swim, so they put me in a canoe with the two most experienced guys. We had a blast! It's something that he will always remember. I do, and it's been 40 years.
Hugs,
Marla

Leahc
05-24-2012, 05:44 AM
Marla, we have gone canoeing quite a bit. We have a great river for it!!!! Dylan had a good time! Ended up with a HUGE bruise on his shin cuz his friends didn't want him to get wet so they set him on a cooler and then they hit the bank. They did end up tipping. One of Dylan's friends stood up and was acting like a gondalier (sp?), and fell out and when he tried to get back in they tipped over. He did have his goggles on though! He just went to a Brewers' game yesterday. Our school takes the two graduating classes every year. He had a really good time!