PDA

View Full Version : lupus

Bonita
05-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that on May 9th i had a heart attack with 2 blockages i had one stent put in for the complete blockage and the other that was 50% blocked formed a new artery itself. The cardiologist said that my lupus played a great role in this so i would urge all of you to keep this in mind and get a cardio check-up. I am home and doing fine but please keep this in mind we never know where this diease will show up and how it will affect us. Love and prayers to all Bonita

tgal
05-14-2012, 10:18 AM
First let me say that I am glad you are OK! I had wondered about you.

Also, thanks for the reminder. I think sometimes people get so wrapped up in the rashes, joint pain and yuckiness of meds that they forget what this disease can really do if not taken seriously. I am NOT saying those other things are not a PIA I am just thankful for the reminder you gave

Marine wife
05-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Glad to hear you are doing okay and at home. Thanks for reminding us!

rob
05-14-2012, 01:32 PM
I hadn't seen you here for a few days, and was wondering if everything was OK. I'm so sorry to hear that this happened, but I'm happy to know that you are home, recovering, and doing OK.

We talk about kidney involvement quite often with Lupus, but heart problems not as much. Thank you for the sobering reminder that Lupus can affect any organ or system.

I'm glad you are OK Bonita,

Rob

Bonita
05-14-2012, 02:37 PM
thank you and how are you doing? i love your profile picture Bonita
I hadn't seen you here for a few days, and was wondering if everything was OK. I'm so sorry to hear that this happened, but I'm happy to know that you are home, recovering, and doing OK.

We talk about kidney involvement quite often with Lupus, but heart problems not as much. Thank you for the sobering reminder that Lupus can affect any organ or system.

I'm glad you are OK Bonita,

Rob

Hunniebun
05-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Wow Bonita, I am glad you are alright and I am so sorry you had to go through that! (hug)

steve.b
05-14-2012, 07:39 PM
giving you cyber hugs.

kim,l
05-14-2012, 07:49 PM
i am so glad everything is alright hugs kim

panda_lupo
05-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Glad you are ok love!!!!

*BIG HUGS*

debbie-b
05-16-2012, 09:01 AM
I am glad, that you are ok as well.
My Rheumy just told me, that my liver is being attacked by Lupus, which is also not so common.
I have an appointment at 4pm today, with a gastro/ liver doctor, to schedule a liver biopsy.

Debbie

Bonita
05-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Debbie-b I sure hope you get good news this diease really is hard to deal with at times. I will pray for you Bonita

debbie-b
05-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Debbie-b I sure hope you get good news this diease really is hard to deal with at times. I will pray for you Bonita

Thank you, Bonita.
I am kind of nervous about it. Also I have been without any meds for months, because of bad liver tests, I can only take Mobic and Flexeril as needed.
The pain on some days is unbearable.

Debbie

rob
05-16-2012, 11:58 AM
thank you and how are you doing? i love your profile picture Bonita

Hi Bonita,

I'm hanging in there. I think some of the dark clouds from what's happened are starting to slowly lift. Thankfully, most of the feelings of shock and denial are finally ending. Just little bits of progress each day. Sooner or later, the little bits will start to add up. I suppose the sadness never really goes away though. You just have to learn to live with it.

Glad you like my pictures. As you probably know, the picture on my profile page is of the Marine Corps War Memorial in Arlington Virginia, and my Avatar photo is a USMC Honor Guard bugler. Dad was a Marine, so I thought the photos were good choices. We've been to Arlington many times together, and the bronze statue of the Marines raising the flag on Iwo Jima was one of Dad's favorite things to see.

Anyway, I'm glad you're on the mend!

Rob

running girl
05-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks Bonita. I hope you are feeling better.
Brenda

magistramarla
05-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Hi Bonita,
I'm glad that you are ok, and that you have come back to us.
Hugs,
Marla

Mother of Five
05-18-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm so glad to hear you are home and doing ok. And thank you for the reminder. I confess that I'd gotten so caught up in the pain, fatigue, etc., that I indeed had almost forgotten the effects it can have on the major organs.
Hugs

Bonita
05-19-2012, 04:41 AM
I am so sorry for the pain you have to deal with sending my hugs love Bonita

Bonita
05-19-2012, 04:45 AM
I am so sorry for the pain you are going through. My Dad passed away in 1990 at 62 and when we go to his grave out at Fort Indiantown gap it still is emotional and it will always be but the peace of the surroundings and all the flags remind us there is a higher power and praise God for all the blessings he gives us i hope you can find peace and be proud of the service your Dad gave to his country and the love you to had. Love and prayers Bonita

Nonna
05-20-2012, 05:39 AM
hugs my friend, will play with you on words
Toni